DVDVR Message Board

NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014

paragon11

Lost a lot of home playoff games a favorite, is a homophobe, I don't like him, and I don't think he has the resume.

He could have 200 wins before he's done. I don't think he's worthy either, but a case will be made, especially if he makes another super bowl.

Take out the gay part, and why do I think you'll try to have the same argument for Peyton Manning in 6-8 years?

At least Manning's passing and TD's number will be so obscene as to blunt any argument against him. . . Just for the fun of it, I compared Reid's record to Dungy's. Reid has more wins AND playoff wins than Dungy, just no super bowl. I just defended Andy Reid, I need a shower, I feel so dirty.

I don't take character into account and I don't think anyone should. It's about on-field performance/achievements. With that said, Dungy is not a hall of fame coach.

Absolutely agree, not enough wins, and too many playoff chokes.

Lost a lot of home playoff games a favorite, is a homophobe, I don't like him, and I don't think he has the resume.

He could have 200 wins before he's done. I don't think he's worthy either, but a case will be made, especially if he makes another super bowl.

Wait now Andy Reid's a homophobe too? For a guy who doesn't give much more to the press than injury reports and stock excuses like "gotta do a better job", that's a hell of scoop...

Sorry, my bad, I was still talking about Dungy.

As for "argument against Peyton"...  No.  There is no argument against Peyton Manning as a hall of famer, and anyone who votes against him should be banished to voting for the Baseball HOF instead, because that is clearly their mental level.

Peyton and Brady should both get in via unanimous selection on the first ballot, and anyone who doesn't vote for them needs to be locked in a loonie bin for a decade.

As for this year's class, I think Strahan and Jones are in for sure. Brooks, Williams and Tim Brown hopefully all get in too, and if they are going to put a punter in, Ray Guy seems like the right guy.

Just for the record - I think a lot of us are factoring character in not because we care but because in the ass backwards way the NFL HOF process works - they have often brought character into the process.

Remember when LT came up Dr. Z was on a crusade to keep LT out or at least not let him in on the first ballot. All because he hated that LT loved the nose candy.

I don't like Dr. Z

The whole LT discussion was insane.  Yes, the man snorted cocaine and hired hookers.  He got caught with an underage streetwalker.  Nasty stuff, damn shameful (especially the underage streetwalker saga).  But it's separate from him being the most amazingly talented defensive player the league has ever seen.

So, people are going to ignore all the shit Dungy does on the site to advocate for the youth?

Also, I really can't find myself to care about the HOF when a guy like Ken Stabler isn't inducted because of some petty bullshit.

• 2 weeks later...

So, people are going to ignore all the shit Dungy does on the site to advocate for the youth?

Also, I really can't find myself to care about the HOF when a guy like Ken Stabler isn't inducted because of some petty bullshit.

Geez and I thought it was because he threw almost 30 more INTs than TDs in his career.

Geez and I thought it was because he threw almost 30 more INTs than TDs in his career.

Namath has 37 more INTs than TDs in his career, and he's in the HOF because of a guaranteed win in Super Bowl III.   If he's deserving, why not Stabler?  Hell, why not Plunkett and he's got 2 rings.

I think Namath is one of, if not THE most overrated player in Canton.

Better question: Joe Namath basically got inducted for a three year window when his knees didn't betray him. So how come based on that logic Terrell Davis isn't going to even sniff Canton until the Veterans Committee MAYBE lobbies him in 15 years from now?

Take away Namath's persona and their HoF resumes are nearly identical.

Better question: Joe Namath basically got inducted for a three year window when his knees didn't betray him. So how come based on that logic Terrell Davis isn't going to even sniff Canton until the Veterans Committee MAYBE lobbies him in 15 years from now?

Take away Namath's persona and their HoF resumes are nearly identical.

Davis didn't play in New York and have a gimmick that would rival Ric Flair.

If one of those two doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame it isn't Strahan.

I disagree with him about Strahan, but Sapp would be my pick if I could only pick one.  Warren Sapp is one of the most incredible athletes ever, people his size are not supposed to be that fast.  Strahan was a great player, but Warren Sapp was a freak of nature.

• Like 1