DVDVR Message Board

NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014

paragon11

Career numbers are very similar, but peak years Moss absolutely destroys him (and damn near every other receiver ever) so if it did come down to voting for just one of them, I'd take Moss first.

But both absolutely deserve to go.

I think Moss was better at his peak, but Owens was better overall.  For all we know Owens could have been better if all of his quarterback's didn't hate his guts.  Most people will look at his career and say that being a poor teammate was a negative, but if you can be as good as him while questioning his quarterback's sexuality and getting into lockeroom fights, that would get extra consideration from me.

Owens never played with a QB as great as Brady and we're talking about a guy who came back from what should have been a season-ending injury and torched the Pats in the Super Bowl. Moss took plays off, never went over the middle..  sure he was a greater deep threat but this idea that Moss is far and away better than Owens...  nope.

Owens should be in first ballot and if he's not they should burn the motherfucking thing to the ground. It would be the most egregious piece of media bullshit ever.

True, but Moss also had great seasons with washed up Cunningham, Brad Johnson, and rookie Culpepper.

Like I said, both belong in, but if I absolutely, positively have to pick just one, it's Moss.

Culpepper was actually really good for a couple years there but Moss did put up great numbers with some mediocre QBs. Not in Oakland but...  Also, one more thing on Owens. As much as I liked Garcia's game, he never recaptured what he was in SF with Owens and Rice. He had a nice cup of coffee in Philly and was okay in Tampa but pretty damn average in Cleveland and Detroit. Maybe below average.

Garcia was that league average kind of guy.  Get some good talent around him, he looked good.  Lack of talent, lack of production.

So with a just past his prime Rice, and a just entering his prime Owens, he looked like a world beater.  In Detroit and Cleveland....

Oh man, has King campaigned for Troy Brown yet?

Hey, HE PLAYED DEFENSIVE BACK, you know.

Of course, so did Julian Edelman, if memory serves correctly, and nobody's going to be pounding the drum for that guy to get into Canton.

The Pats won three Super Bowls with Troy Brown!  How many have they won since he retired?

As many as they won since their videographer got turfed out recording other teams?

Or as many as they won since Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel buggered off elsewhere