DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

The secret to a good show is unannounced Punk vs FTR. I hope this winning formula is repeated often. 

Good on Page and Archer for killing themselves to elevate what seemed like a pretty cold main event on paper. Bump on the stairs ruled. 

Find someone who loves you like JR loves Keith Lee.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 11

Keith Lee had a great debut squash. The smaller guy got a few small bits in but bumped like crazy and made the new guy look like a monster. I thought for sure Mia would be Serena's opponent, but I'm guessing she shows up soon.

FTR vs Punk/Moxley was an incredible match, but FTR jobbing makes me sad. A favorite wrestling trope of mine is "two top level singles guys can't beat a top level tag team because the regular team is better at their craft" and I wish that's what had happened here, especially with Tully's interference.

I was pretty indifferent to Page/Archer, but it quickly got my attention. Page had a gusher going on and seemed bound and determined to kill himself.

• Like 3

bid8_oo6Fiy6TO1rRCSfnefXr3sdYNBaRb-zx5NU

Holy shit, I need more than a smoke after that episode. Snowboii on twitter said it was the best raw after Mania in years and that was so spot on. Three great matches, two incredible debuts, inner circle finally fucking off and jericho going heel again. Praise be. This was a top dynamite episode. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Very happy with the new folks coming in though had a pretty good feeling about Jay.  Fun show though I honestly hope they never do the opening segment>match same night bit again.  Not meaning to bag on WWE but they're known for that so just keep it there.

Oh, and the main event I feel will hold up better in a vacuum.  The result was never in doubt and the build was okayish.  But they did their damndest to make the match itself work and I really appreciate that.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5

Jesus, Hangman is a wild boy.  Another all timer of a bladejob and the bounce off the steps was just nuts.  Great, brutal match.

Keith Lee immediately looks like a star.  Just great presence.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You know they did have a match, in Japan. Check the Youtubes.

Oh yeah, I know about that one. However, I need Lady Hoss Hour to happen in front of our favorite Okie.

Also, throw in Yuu for chaos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, (BP) said:

I’ll get into everything after Rampage, but imagine being in a public bathroom as a man at a urinal screams “Limitless Lee!” while pissing and then immediately follows it up with a medically alarming sustained fart. 

Did he do the Keith Lee pose?

?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

That was such a great show. 

Great opening segment.

Surprise dream tag match. Bloody, violent championship main event with a sick finish.

Set the table for so much down the road. Including heel Jericho!

I was more excited for Jay White showing up than I thought I'd be. 

Keith Lee's debut was perfect. Kassidy was the ideal opponent. That was the best looking Biel since Jessica.

I'm torn between making a "Keith Lee looks too much like NXT v 2.0 superstar Bearcat" "joke" or being all "Who could have imagined that letting Keith Lee be Keith Lee would work?"

Man, I love pro wrestling.

Fuck Sports Entertainment.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4