DVDVR Message Board

The Miami Dolphins Dumpster Fire Thread

Ryan

I think "adults shouldn't fight other adults" is another reason why Martin acted the way he did. Educated, rational people don't go around throwing fists at the workplace.

Can you imagine if at your first professional out-of-college job you were asked to at the HR training to shave your head in a funny manner, sing your college fight song on demand and pay for your older co-workers to go out for a weekend getaway? What person in the world would even begin to tolerate something like that?I guess I don't get the culture of the locker room but I also think a lot of people who think any of this is in anyway cool don't understand the culture of being a grown-up.

I also love that the Dolphins now apparently hired Sensei Kreese to order Incognito to toughen Martin up. What a bunch of dolts.

• Like 1

Educated, rational people don't go around throwing fists at the workplace.

The amount of rational people playing a game in which you hurl yourself at each other as hard as fucking can, dressed in gear that makes you a human missile, is probably very very small.

• Like 4

I felt uneasy watching the Chris Carter segment on ESPN.  Speaking about the brotherhood of the locker room and the use of the "N bomb" as a way to bring everyone together.  Now the Herm Edwards segment afterwards was much better.  As a Jay Mohr Sports fan,  I endorse the "put your name on it!" and take responsibility for it that Herm endorses.

The end of that segment was great when what's her name (I know noones name on SportsCenter anymore) basically called out Pouncy for supporting Aaron Hernandez and what that should say about his opinions.  As Cris Carter just smiles and nods like she is backing up what he was saying.  Poor brain cells.

Can you imagine if at your first professional out-of-college job you were asked to at the HR training to shave your head in a funny manner, sing your college fight song on demand and pay for your older co-workers to go out for a weekend getaway? What person in the world would even begin to tolerate something like that?

If the job pays mid-six figures, and I have virtually no hope of making anywhere near that amount of money in any other job that would hire me, then it starts to look a lot better.

Martin's degree at Stanford?Greek/Roman Classics.I'd wager not many NFL players with that on their CV

And both his parents are professors. The poor poor schlub. Boy did he pick the wrong career.

90% of the NFL is comprised of punks, criminals, illiterates, and anti-social deviants. Football players are easily the worst people character wise on average of the four major sports. You drop a well-educated guy from a nice stable background into that snakepit and no wonder he had a nervous breakdown.

I do enjoy the fact being educated and coming from a nice family is evidently Chris Carter's criteria for being mentally weak.

• Like 2

Listening to these Q & A's with Philbin and Tannehill it sounds to me like...

1. Philbin and/or the o-line coach probably did tell Richie to "toughen up" Martin. That "no comment" from Philbin was brutal. He had to say something there. Now he's brought heat on himself and the rest of the offensive coaches.

2. Listening to Tannehill.. it sounds like Richie and Martin were definitely friends. Now this can go two ways. Was Martin so traumatized by Richie that he kept coming back? Anyone watch the film Bully? Kind of reminds me of that situation...  OR were they friends on some "haha I'll kill you" shit, just laying into one another... but nothing serious? Martin definitely sounds like a guy with some major problems. Still, Richie shouldn't be throwing around racial slurs like that. I think both should be off the team.

Holy shit.

Bart Hubbuch @HubbuchNYP 9m

Hartline is outraged because he says Martin was passing the voicemail around earlier in the year and laughing about it.

We have all been saying (or thinking) that this is going to uglier before it gets better, but holy shit indeed. To steal a line from Simmons, this story is now in the "tyson zone". . .

• Like 1

A lot of the latest comments coming out seem like it's Richie's boys coming to his defense. I wouldn't be shocked if these guys had their agents on the phone right now screaming to them about the importance of keeping your mouth shut during something that could very well entail litigation.

I await Martin quoting the Iliad in its entirety at a press conference and then dropping the mic and walking off stage confusing everyone.

• Like 1

To me the funniest part of the Incognito disaster is that is played (well was played I expect) at Dolphin home games:

Yeah maybe the dirtiest player in the NFL isn't the best choice :lol:

I enjoy how people are getting on the Dolphins for ripping off a Major League gag.

To me the funniest part of the Incognito disaster is that is played (well was played I expect) at Dolphin home games:

Yeah maybe the dirtiest player in the NFL isn't the best choice :lol:

I enjoy how people are getting on the Dolphins for ripping off a Major League gag.

(Upside down.)

Upside down!

• Like 1

This might have been mentioned in the thread before, but according to the four letter Martin's agent contacted the fin's GM Ireland about the situation, and Ireland said he should punch Incognito. Anyone on the board live in south Florida? Nationally this story is on fire obviously, but down there is a storm building to get rid of Philbin, his coaches and even the GM?

Ireland said something stupid?  I...  I don't believe it.  *shocked*

Former QB Sage Rosenfels' Twitter is worth a look if you're anti-Ireland.  He said of all the teams he played for, Ireland was the worst GM he even encountered.  Being that Rosenfels was cut more than once, he doesn't seem to be coming from a place of general pettiness.  Ireland is just a dope, it seems.

For the record, Rosenfels said he got along with Incognito fine in his time in Miami.  Which lead credence to this situation being an institutional problem with Miami as a whole, and not just about Incognito.