DVDVR Message Board

The Miami Dolphins Dumpster Fire Thread

Ryan

So back up says something stupid on twitter and it's a fine and suspension. A starter says something stupid on twitter that reinforces a report that put a black eye on the team and he gets a talking to and shuts down his twitter....seams about right.

Yes, we missed out on Pouncey's tweet about the new first round draft pick buying gifts for the veterans. Some people are too dumb for social media. Unfortunately for the resident Dolphin fans, they all seem to end up in Miami.

It seriously stuns me how many people (just in general) don't seem aware that if you post things on the internet, people will see it and read it. I guess it's part of that late-90's line of reasoning that the internet isn't part of the "real world" but that ship has sailed long, long ago now. Especially on social media sites where you're using your real name.

It seriously stuns me how many people (just in general) don't seem aware that if you post things on the internet, people will see it and read it. I guess it's part of that late-90's line of reasoning that the internet isn't part of the "real world" but that ship has sailed long, long ago now. Especially on social media sites where you're using your real name.

I really just think that most people don't think before they speak, type, or do anything else.  People love to talk about the problems with social media, when the real problems are with the people.  Mike Pouncey and Don Jones don't need twitter to be out of touch assholes, twitter just makes it public.  Mike Pouncey seems like a person who has no self-awareness whatsoever.  The Free Aaron Hernandez hat, being tangentially attached to the Incognito story, and now this make me think that he just doesn't think about anything he says or does. 

It boils down to social media surrounding ignorant people with hundreds of thousands of yes men. Shaquille O'Neal posts the worlds worst attempts at comedy every day and gets a hundred thousand favorites and retweets. At some point, even on a smaller scale, you start to think that your opinion matters and that everyone agrees with you.