DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Exactly what I jokingly griped about pages ago! ? Or maybe it was in the Raw thread...

EDIT: The one guy with the paper plate mask just reminded me of this Saw parody

Definitely not the funniest thing in Aqua Teen history but whatever

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

Jesse Ventura at the end of Wrestlemania VI ‘ya know, Gorilla - maybe Hulkamania will live forever.’ Imagine in the world where Warrior takes off and Hogan’s movie career is successful and that’s the capper line of Hogan’s big run from one of his biggest critics on air for years?

Non-WWE category - Don Callis breaking down weeping, repeating ‘hook the leg, hook the leg, hook the leg’ after Omega hits the One Winged Angel to defeat Okada. Up there with Heenan’s ‘Yes’ call.

37 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

The Rock spoke at the 2000 Republican National Convention. If I understand team Biden's strategy correctly, he's exactly the sort of voter they're trying to court. 

Back when WWF was courting both parties, yes. I believe they called it "Whiff the Vote."

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

It's nice to stop and remember that they've always been pretty bad at naming things. 

That was actually a joke, but I guess it's something that you bought it. ?

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

"My children have already started burning his movies".

I don't even want to be human anymore. I just can't do it.

Right there with you. I hate what society has become. 

To keep this on track, I've not seen a second of this Retribution storyline (though I don't think I've read or heard one positive comment on it) but I gotta give Dijack credit. T-Bar is a stupid as hell name but his twitter game is quite strong. 

T-Bar's not the worst name though. I feel bad for Slapjack. Dude's named after something Stevie Ray used to hit fruit booties with sucka. 

God I miss Stevie Ray. 

• Like 5

Look, in 2027 when The Rock is the current governor of Florida, having beaten former governor Gwen Graham in the 2026 election, and he successfully evacuates a now-underwater Miami due to rising ocean levels, I think all will be forgiven. 

Also, I hope to have found a portal to a more sane alternate universe like Jerry O'Connell's character in Sliders by then. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

"My children have already started burning his movies".

I don't even want to be human anymore. I just can't do it.

They're actually burning copies to hoard as currency for the end times, Postman style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2