DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

“Hulk Hogan you can go to hell. For Dusty Rhodes, Bobby Heenan, Gene Okerland, I’m..I’m Tony Schiavone....I don’t know. We’re out of here. Straight to hell.”

Also in that segment, Heenan’s gradual transition from “I told you so” to an exacerbated “what do we do now” by the end is tremendous 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 8

49 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

“Hulk Hogan you can go to hell. For Dusty Rhodes, Bobby Heenan, Gene Okerland, I’m..I’m Tony Schiavone....I don’t know. We’re out of here. Straight to hell.”

Also in that segment, Herman’s gradual transition from “I told you so” to an exacerbated “what do we do now” by the end is tremendous 

the way Heenan says "what have I been saying all these years, what have I been saying all these years?" He's finally vindicated, and yet he's not gloating. He's lamenting.  "Now what happens to us?"

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the way Heenan says "what have I been saying all these years, what have I been saying all these years?" He's finally vindicated, and yet he's not gloating. He's lamenting.  "Now what happens to us?"

giphy.gif

Bobby Heenan knew about Fucker Hulk Hogan all along. The Brain was right.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

and yet, for all his eloquence, my favorite Heenan call might be him simply screaming "YES" over and over again when Flair wins the Rumble

An underrated gem from Royal Rumble 1992: “Tunney’s been the best president since Noriega.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

and yet, for all his eloquence, my favorite Heenan call might be him simply screaming "YES" over and over again when Flair wins the Rumble

I love the 1992 Royal Rumble match for the match and the perfect commentary by Bobby Herman and Gorilla Monsoon:

Heenan: "Dammit!" as Ric Flair's the #3 entry.

Heenan: "This isn't fair to Flair!"

Heenan: "I'm not going to be my usual objective self."

Monsoon: "When are you ever objective?"

Heenan: "Oh no, oh no" as Flair's alone waiting for the next entrant and it's Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Heenan after Piper saves Flair: "I never thought I'd say this but thank you Piper, it's a kilt".

Piper attacks Flair again: "It's a skirt, it's a skirt!"

Heenan: "Weasel yourself out!"

Heenan: "Please let Flair win, I'll never do anything bad again".

Heenan as Ric Flair wins: "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!"

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Watched the Rey Mysterio-Jushin Liger match from Starrcade '95 last night.  I'm seen Liger work heel before (CTU!), but it's still jarring to see beloved jr. babyface JTL taunting the crowd and being kind of a dick (he didn't cheat, just played to the crowd a bit).

Rey looked kinda tiny even compared to Liger.    

Ultimo Dragon apparently sitting in the cheap seats wearing his mask with street clothes amused me greatly.  I guess Onoo didn't want to pay extra for ringside.

Edited by Eoae

CTU era Liger was great even if the matches weren't always the best. I dug the all black outfit. My head cannon was that Juventud Guerrera breaking a tequila bottle over his head in WCW is what caused Liger to go crazy and become evil, either from the head trauma or the booking.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

The gimmick might be complete crap but their twitter game has been solid so far

besides spreading misinformation about "250k new COVID tests", yeah, sure, his Twitter game is on fire.

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, Hayabusa said:

This movie is so quotable, in my family it's up there with Hot Shots, Naked Gun and other movies like that where we just randomly quote lines to each other all the time, yes we're very cheesy like that 

Happy birthday homeboy

Who me?

Yeah

Gets the most quoted, but then there's also "I got these cheeseburgers man!" And "alright, that's enough of that love!" Plus the gif MESSAGE gets quoted almost weekly Haha 

When they jump the one girls cousin and (can't remember who) comes through with the flying elbow off the top!?

“I got these cheeseburgers, man...” is a common quote with friends here too, and I frequently quote “Gonna get me a G-O-B job” to myself.

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

The gimmick might be complete crap but their twitter game has been solid so far

They may want to completely dismantle the system, but they still have respect for those around them. This is highly nuanced character work.