DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Has anyone watched that team play lately?  I've never seen a team that looked like they hated each other as much as the 2013-14 Cleveland Cavaliers. 

No I haven't seen them play lately. Came into this thread to complain about the national early game tonight being the Cavs vs the Knicks. Might actually prefer Impact over that mess.

Hey let's not say things we can't take back :)

I thought Kyrie and Dion did actually fight earlier this year? That team is hilariously awful and clueless. Do they really think LeBron is going to go back there except for a road game? Just top-to-bottom miserable. They can have the first pick this year and will whiff on that, too, in a draft where there are going to be like 5-6 All-Stars. 

Went to my first Nuggets game tonight in a few years and haven't followed them that much this season so I have to ask: are they that bad or is Toronto that good? Final was 90-100 but it was up to a 24 point deficit at one time and Toronto held the lead from about halfway through the first quarter. It also seems like Toronto was hitting every shot.

A little bit of both. Toronto got better after dealing away Rudy Gay. Team is more balanced and Lowry & DeRozan have played great for them since that deal. Denver's really struggled this season. I think they were playing well briefly, but have been up and down most of the season. They've really struggled this month.

Man, you wonder if the Thunder are going to be able to play like this when Westbrook returns. Because this is some absolutely beautiful basketball.

I keep hearing people say things like this, but I don't think they get out of the West without a healthy Westbrook.  All those other guys who have stepped up and are playing well for the Thunder right now are going to be important, but I think the Thunder are at their best when Westbrook is wreaking havoc and breaking down defensive sets.  When the Thunder play their best Durant is clearly their best player, but Westbrook is their personality.  I've only witnessed a few natural born killers in my life, Mickey and Mallory, Carlos Condit, and Russell Westbrook.

• Like 1

Its sign-Ex Lakers Saturday as not only did the Pacers sign Bynum, but apparently the Spurs signed Shannon Brown to a 10-day contract.

I don't think Bynum will play much in Indiana. That seems like more of a signing just to keep any other team from signing Bynum, which is a bad idea, but I don't think it will hurt the Pacers.

It's hella frustrating to watch the Bulls on offense. They can go cold for huge amounts of time, but because they're so tight defensively there's always a chance they can come back. But the odds of them getting on a 8 to 12 point run is not very good. Taj played some inspired ball down the stretch, so that was nice.

And boy oh boy, Anthony Davis can play some fucking ball. He's everywhere on the court and good at everything.

Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News wrote about Loul Deng and the Cavs. Seems like that won't be a long-term relationship.

"As Deng recently told one close friend, 'the stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It’s a mess.'

Story also mentioned how the players treat the coaching staff poorly, especially head coach Mike Brown. Dion Waiters is a pretty big headache.

Also, keep seeing the Melo to the Bulls rumor.