DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I completely missed Pacers/Blazers last night. Sounded as crazy great as their first game. Who would have thought those two teams at the start of the year would be capable of playing what could be the two best regular season games of the year? I love the Pacers but they're not always the most aesthetically pleasing of teams. And, obviously, no one thought Portland would be anything special, let alone the most entertaining offensive team this season.

I went to the Clippers-Raptors game last night. Kinda boring game. Raptors had a shot to get back in the game early in the 4th, but missed about 7 layups in a row. Blake was pretty great, but got into foul trouble and then he iced his knees early in the 4th, which I thought meant he was done, but he got back in the game and looked gimpy out there. Drake was at the game rooting on the Raptors. He stayed the entire game, which I thought was kinda cool since he could have left early, but maybe he was jonesing for a free sausage biscuit coupon that everyone got when the Clips scored over 100 points.

There was this one lady who had a shot to win a car if she could hit a shot from the halfcourt line. She first positioned herself to take a granny shot, but went with some funky sidearm thing. Ball reached the free throw line.

Miami is annoying the shit out of me. They can beat Portland in Portland without Lebron, they can beat Indy, they can handle San Antonio, they beat the Clipps; but the dregs of the fucking league, the teams praying for Jabari Parker, Wiggins, or Embiid, they just can't seem to find it in themselves to put fourth the effort necessary.

I don't think I've ever seen a team like this, not this degree anyway. There's coasting and then there is....whatever the fuck this is.

Also so this isn't entirely negative; Goran Dragic had himself a fucking night; 34 points 10-13 shooting 6-7 from 3 and 8-10 from the line and 10 assists.

I grew up watching the Bad Boys, and I love Joe D, but he's gotta go. The fact that the firing wasn't his decision is even more telling. Alfredo nailed it. 

I was thinking the other day that they should've hired Bill Laimbeer when he was vying for the job a few years ago.