DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I get a perverse pleasure out of watching NBA blowouts.

I don't have time to watch this one, but I may have to track it down later.

"For reference, the biggest blowout in NBA history is 68 points." -Daily Dime Update

I don't think they'll get it.  Clippers will pack it in during the 4th quarter.

The 6ers are shooting 15% from the floor.

FIFTEEN FUCKING PERCENT.

I don't think I've ever seen this before. 15% from the floor and 5% from 3 is absurd, a good college team could perform better than that just based purely on luck.

The +/- for the starters on both clubs is ridiculous.

The 6ers are shooting 15% from the floor.

FIFTEEN FUCKING PERCENT.

I don't think I've ever seen this before. 15% from the floor and 5% from 3 is absurd, a good college team could perform better than that just based purely on luck.

The +/- for the starters on both clubs is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that one college coaches wife could do better the 15% from floor just from the head fakes.

• Like 1

Blake has been pretty special since CP3 went down.  If they're going to go anywhere, he has to be their best player.  Chris Paul is always going to run into a tough PG matchup in the West.  When Blake is on, there's no one in the league that he doesn't have an advantage over at his position.

Am I the only one that thinks that Wiggins is only the 4th or 5th best guy in this year's draft?  I agree with Bill and Jalen, in that he needs another year of fine tuning.

Bill and Jalen are full of shit.  Has staying an extra year ever helped a projected lottery pick?  Wiggins (and Embiid) can get paid to develop their game in the NBA next year.  And I say that as a Jayhawk fan.

Everyone of the kids could probably benefit from another year of school, but unless they are a complete moron, the players are paying attention to Marcus Smart's year(not just the shoving incident, all of it). Get your money and run while you can. . . 

Of course everyone could benefit from it, but I was comparing Wiggins relative to guys like Parker, Smart and Embiid.  All of those guys look NBA ready to me, aside from a few inexperience related weaknesses.  Wiggins was built up to be this game changing guy like Lebron, and I don't see it yet.

Staying in college another year for anyone who will be a lottery pick is fucking stupid.  There is no reason whatsoever to do something for free when you can get paid for it.  You won't get better playing against lesser competition, and there are plenty of people who will get something out of you staying in school for an extra year, but you won't be one of them.  Go get paid, become a better player, and stop being exploited, or stay in school, don't get paid, and listen to people praise you for making poor life decisions.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see the backlash from Simmons doing color for the next Lakers/Celtics game.  Yes, that is actually happening.

They should let him do a live podcast as that game is going on.  Letting him and Jalen interview random people walking by would make that game 10,000% more interesting.  Who is going to be the best player in the game?  Is Gasol even playing?  They should let Russell Simmons do commentary.