DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Noah says he is 100% sure he is going to play tomorrow.  The never before seen Rose, Butler, Deng, Boozer, Noah lineup is going to start the season and it's going to be AWESOME!  Rose's return and The Heat ring ceremony on the same day.  This is going to get physical.

Posted Image

Is anyone else watching those Grantland previews?  I've seen the top 10 so far and they are always great.  Jalen is the best!

Does anyone know Dale Davis' nickname that they bleeped? I need to catch up on the last few, but I've liked them on a whole.

I watched the early ones, but haven't had time to watch the rest of the previews. I actually heard a few via the podcast (audio versions) and laughed when I heard Jalen laughing at Simmons swallowing pepper or whatever that was.

I've enjoyed them.

I whine about the refs and the league at times, but it's always going to be my favorite sport.  I'm glad it's back. 

People have been clowning the East for years now, but I think the top 4 teams are legit this year.  East will be fun. 

The Bulls and Thibs usually play the regular season like their lives depend on it so I wouldn't be surprise if they get a victory over the Heat tomorrow.  I want an Oden sighting and at least one Noah and Lebron confrontation.  Noah can't help but annoy.

I've enjoyed the Grantland NBA previews too.  They've been entertaining for the most part. I don't take the rankings or predictions too seriously so that helps.  Plus, it is a quick way to find out who moved to new teams. 

Richard Jefferson is on the Utah Jazz now?  Oh, okay.  Things like that...

Edit:

Yeah, but once Rose stayed out of it, the East really looked depleted after Miami last year.  There were more than a few who thought the Heat were going to sweep through the Eastern playoffs.  Pacers showed up in the playoffs, but outside of them, the East was not very top heavy.

Edited by _MJ_

I don't see anymore then 3 true contenders in the East, honestly.  Beyond Ind/Miami/Chi, who in the East could you really see going past the second round, seriously?  With the West, you know you're going to have to leave 1-2 decent teams out when you compile your playoff list.

Compare it to the dark days right after Jordan retired.  That was when the East was a mess.  When the Spurs and Lakers not only won 5 straight titles for the West, but barely dropped any games in the doing.

Since then, the East has been right there with them at the very top, and has actually won 6 out of the 11 titles since.

But, past the third team out East, it has generally been a wasteland of bad and mediocre teams.

Box Score Geeks )associated with Wages of Win) has some predictions heavily influenced by advanced metrics.  They project the Lakers as the worst team in the NBA.

Is this surprising to anyone, they don't have a single person on that team that can guard a great high school player(not that the coach is interested in playing defense to begin with).  Kobe is old and there is no guarantee that he is going to be any good at any point this year.  Steve Nash looked like he should have retired before last season, and I don't see any reason to believe that he will be better this season.  Pau Gasol could be rejuvenated if his coach didn't hate him and actively try to ruin his confidence last season.  Speaking of the coach, Mike D'Antoni is in the biggest no win situation a coach can be in.  His best players hate him and the guy they want to play for is sitting in the crowd making out with the part owner of the team.  I don't know why this isn't a bigger story, but how crazy will the consiracy theorists go when the Lakers win the lottery?

Box Score Geeks )associated with Wages of Win) has some predictions heavily influenced by advanced metrics.  They project the Lakers as the worst team in the NBA.

Is this surprising to anyone, they don't have a single person on that team that can guard a great high school player(not that the coach is interested in playing defense to begin with).

It's probably surprising to some people that someone is putting the Lakers behind the 76ers, Suns, and Magic (none of whom are in the Box Score Geeks' bottom five).

We can all only hope the Lakers are the worst team this season and win the lottery.  Let's all hold hands and pray this happens! :)

The fact Kobe's out, Nash is already talking about a neck injury, and Nick Young expected to take every shot Kobe would take, is going to make this a LONG season, but worth it in the end when we get a high lottery pick. Doesn't even have to be #1. Top 5 pick would be fine.

Oh, don't get me wrong, you will hear a bunch of complaining about how bad the team is from Lakers fans, Laker media, etc., but its necessary this team should be bad this season.  They gave away so many draft picks past this year trying to hit homeruns in deals (Nash, Howard, etc.) that they really need a top pick this year...

I look forward to Charlie Murphy keeping me from jumping off a cliff several times this season. :)

How perfectly infuriating that the Lakers are going to have their worst season in years directly preceding a draft class that most are saying is the best since Lebron came out. 

In other news, I think Anthony Bennett will get hurt at some point this year, and we can all have fun watching him put on about five pounds a day. 

• Like 1

How perfectly infuriating that the Lakers are going to have their worst season in years directly preceding a draft class that most are saying is the best since Lebron came out. 

In other news, I think Anthony Bennett will get hurt at some point this year, and we can all have fun watching him put on about five pounds a day. 

Him being out of shape after shoulder surgery doesn't bother me that much, but the fact that he deals with asthma, AND a sleep apnea is way more concerning to me.