DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I don't know what the Heat are going to do about Wade in the future, but when he opts in for that big contract next year consider it a "thank you for your past services" type of thing.

Also, I'm with Barkley with the Heat just being who they are right now(weaknesses and all).  I don't buy the coasting stuff.  This is just their team right now.

Durant is doing his thing.  He always does.

OKC was on fire from the three.  Not a lot can be done when two guys get hot at the same time.  It didn't help that Miami could barely hit a triple to save their lives, yet kept going for them.

LeBron vs Durant ends in a virtual tie.

I'm really interested in seeing how Pat Riley reconfigures this team during the off-season.  Battier and Haslem will likely get their gold watches as they're shown the door to retirement.  Allen will be 50/50 on hanging it up  Outside of the Big 2 (because Wade and Bosh together make one good player), who else is worth keeping?  Cole will return because he'll still be on his rookie contract.  An argument can be made for Andersen.  Everyone else?  Eh.

La Costra Heat better get cracking.

They'll be fine. The east is still terrible. LeBron and whoever can get through the first two rounds without much effort. I think we all expect a showdown with the Pacers but it's a long ways to that. First, Indiana has to keep everyone healthy.

As for the Celtics, they were absolutely screwed out of a W tonight through terrible officiating but you know what? I'll take it!

OKC was on fire from the three. Not a lot can be done when two guys get hot at the same time. It didn't help that Miami could barely hit a triple to save their lives, yet kept going for them.

I'm really interested in seeing how Pat Riley reconfigures this team during the off-season. Battier and Haslem will likely get their gold watches as they're shown the door to retirement. Allen will be 50/50 on hanging it up Outside of the Big 2 (because Wade and Bosh together make one good player), who else is worth keeping? Cole will return because he'll still be on his rookie contract. An argument can be made for Andersen. Everyone else? Eh.

La Costra Heat better get cracking.

What would the teams cap look like if Battier/Haslem/Allen/Wade ride off into the sun set Bosh opts out (does not resign), James opts out (resigns), and lets say they resign Anderson cause the fans love him?

Winning the first two rounds of the East isn't the Heat's goal though.  Hell, if they had lost game 7 last year in the FINALS, most narratives would have painted them as failures.   It's pretty much FINALS or bust for them (fair or not), so they are going to need to be more than just fine.

I don't think Wade is going to opt out of his contract at this point in his career, unless Pat gets them all to come back again.

Mike Conley is a friggin' joy to watch play basketball. He's this hidden secret of awesomeness. Also, he's apparently played more games as a Memphis Grizzly than anyone, if I heard League Pass correct.

The Heat are worrisome. I know they can flip the switch when they want but that is a dubious way to play. They wouldn't have back-to-back championships if Vogel AND Pop both didn't pull rim protectors for whatever reason. They just do so many things that I absolutely hate watching. D Wade not getting calls when driving and yelling at the refs instead of getting back on defense is so awful to watch. I also hate watching those dudes release on defense before they get a rebound. It leads to the easiest two points imaginable (an uncontested dunk) but it's so friggin' cheap. I really want them to get bitten in the ass.

They'd better hope to get home court. The Pacers defense is all-time great. That's not an exaggeration. Playing them on a Game 7 on the road -- let alone whatever juggernaut comes from out west -- is dicey.

Give me a fucking break.  And I'm not even a Thunder fan.  And I live in OKC.  If the MVP was decided on this game alone, it wouldn't be close.  Durant just made it look so easy to the point that it seemed odd that more guys couldn't get 30 points every night, and LeBron was bumping and scraping to get everything he got.

Give me a fucking break.  And I'm not even a Thunder fan.  And I live in OKC.  If the MVP was decided on this game alone, it wouldn't be close.  Durant just made it look so easy to the point that it seemed odd that more guys couldn't get 30 points every night, and LeBron was bumping and scraping to get everything he got.

Why would I give you a fucking break?  Have your opinion, and I'll have mine.  Is that OK with you?  Probably not, but that's not my problem.