DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Caught up with last night's Gotham - I've already posted a couple times how this is far and away the best version of Penguin ever. Well, with apologies to Michael Caine and Michael Gogh: Best. Alfred. Ever.

Yeah. "Just remember: I let him TRY" It's a shame that the good in this show is so bogged down by the bad.No wonder Hush hates Bruce Wayne and everything about him so much. On this particular front I like the continuity about 100x better than the comic backstory.

Jai Courtney is in talks to play

Deadshot

in Suicide Squad. 

Will Smith is apparently set to play

Captain Boomerang (?!?)

Jared Leto is also in talks.  

Possibly to play the Joker.

Not a goddamn one of you mentioned the fucking BOXING GLOVE ARROW?!  Major markout.  I like the take on Wildcat.  No clue who Cupid is, someone fill me in?

Cupid was a b-level Arrow villian that overcompensates emotionally (specifically, love) in return for losing all fear.  her major arc was coming across an arrow and falling batshit in love/obsession with Ollie.

Wildcat should've beaten Ollie in that fight.

And Cupid is so a red herring on killing Sara.  My money's back on Thea.

• Like 2

Jai Courtney is in talks to play

Deadshot

in Suicide Squad. 

Will Smith is apparently set to play

Captain Boomerang (?!?)

Jared Leto is also in talks.  

Possibly to play the Joker.

SWxyN.gif

Oh god, oh god, oh god Zoom is really going to be on my tv machine.

Hell, even having Smith as Deadshot and Courtney as Digger would make more sense.  For once, at least Courtney wouldn't have to struggle to hide his natural accent.

Looks like the Wayne family are headed west on Lawrence.  If they want a bad alley, they should go east and probably a bit south.  

The dialogue on Arrow was terrible.  It gave me flashbacks to my time on the island season one.  BTW, what is Diggle's job these days?  Does he still work for Queen Consolidated or does Ollie pay him?  Or Amanda Waller?  Maybe his lady is the sole breadwinner.

This week's was probably my least favorite Constantine so far, but it was still fine.  For some reason the show still hasn't 100% grabbed me, but it probably will by the end of the season.

• Like 1

I've been quite pro-Gotham, but yowza was that episode bad.  I was intrigued by the Hotel Wayne Manor deal, but now it looks like Gordon and Bullock are out and Kyle is in.  Worst possible scenario.  Barbara Gordon is just the worst.  When Jim wants her to leave, she comes back and screws up everything.  When Jim wants her to stay, she runs off and cheats on him with her ex.  I didn't care for Harvey Dent.  I have no idea what this Lovecraft deal is; seems kinda late to be throwing him in the mix.  The Penguin story sucked.  They really better pick it up for the fall finale next week.

I've been quite pro-Gotham, but yowza was that episode bad.  I was intrigued by the Hotel Wayne Manor deal, but now it looks like Gordon and Bullock are out and Kyle is in.  Worst possible scenario.  Barbara Gordon is just the worst.  When Jim wants her to leave, she comes back and screws up everything.  When Jim wants her to stay, she runs off and cheats on him with her ex.  I didn't care for Harvey Dent.  I have no idea what this Lovecraft deal is; seems kinda late to be throwing him in the mix.  The Penguin story sucked.  They really better pick it up for the fall finale next week.

That guy playing Dent was just awful and co-sign Barbara's character just being awful. They are also doing a good job of making me hate Montoya who is a character I loved in Gotham Central & 52. 

I couldn't tell if Dent was so bad because of the actor or the writing/direction.  Sadly, the answer may well be 'all of the above'.  

On the positive side, that was a nice use of a "Final Countdown" ringtone.  

Speaking of music, I dug that they used "Potion" by Morphine in a scene a few weeks ago.  And Flash used an amusing soul/jazz version of "I Ran".

• Like 1