DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

"I've got to admit initially, even though I felt that it was the right time to stop, there was always a bit of me going, 'Oh go on... Let's do another.' So when I heard there was someone else doing it, there was a moment where I just stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour."

"But I'm 40," he adds. "The fact that I'm jealous of someone else playing Batman...I think I should have gotten over it by now. I haven't spoken with Ben, but I emailed him offering buts of advice that I learned the hard way. I would imagine he is doing everything he can to avoid anything that I did."

Bale kind of wanting to do another one and being sad when it's over. My heart.

TIDJK.gif

• Like 1

I was amused that Barbara used the correct spelling of "Zsasz" in her letter to Gordon last week. How would you even guess that? Did he give her a business card?

Would've been more realistic if it read, "Everywhere I turn, I see Falcone and that psycho dude whose name I won't even try to spell."

I also found it weird that they showed the husky dude(*) creeping on her in the "Previously on..." bit, but she didn't mention him in the letter.  I just chalked that up to Barbara being a terrible person(**).

(*)The dude who seemingly shot the Waynes, based on Selina Kyle's composite sketch.

(**)Seriously, I guess the murderers like Penguin are actually worse people, but isn't Barbara the least sympathetic character on the show?

Also: while watching football, I repeatedly saw a Gotham promo showing li'l Bruce jumping from one building to another.  Do they really think that is going to get people watching?  I get the feeling that this is a good show being strangled by marketing types who have the worst instincts.

I also found it weird that they showed the husky dude(*) creeping on her in the "Previously on..." bit, but she didn't mention him in the letter.  I just chalked that up to Barbara being a terrible person(**).

(*)The dude who seemingly shot the Waynes, based on Selina Kyle's composite sketch.

(**)Seriously, I guess the murderers like Penguin are actually worse people, but isn't Barbara the least sympathetic character on the show?

Also: while watching football, I repeatedly saw a Gotham promo showing li'l Bruce jumping from one building to another.  Do they really think that is going to get people watching?  I get the feeling that this is a good show being strangled by marketing types who have the worst instincts.

Yeah. I'm sure the pitch went like this:

Gotham: We wanna do a show set in Gotham City, you know Batman's city. But we want to set it before Batman is there. It'll be taking place just as his parents get killed when he's a kid.

Executives: Who's going to be the main character if it's not Batman?

Gotham: Commissioner Gordon. Only he'll be Detective Gordon because this is when he's first starting out with the Gotham PD. And we'll have Harvey Bullock as his partner. 

Executives: But Batman needs to be in it.

Gotham: Well. Bruce Wayne will be in it but he'll be a child. Part of the show's premise will be him growing up raised by Alfred and becoming Batman.

Executives: But how will people know it's a Batman show if Batman isn't in it?

Gotham: Well, I mean, it's called Gotham and...

Executives: Have the Joker on it.

Gotham: Well we can't really do that...

Executives: Fine, Penguin then.

Gotham: Well I suppose we could...

Executives: And Catwoman.

Gotham: How do you expect us to fit her into the story when Catwoman doesn't meet Batman until...

Executives: And Riddler.

Gotham: Riddler?? Fine (starts to leave)

Executives: AND TWO FACE!!!! 

• Like 2

Whenever I think of Clock King, I think of that BTAS episode that ends with Batman putting CK's time-slower deal on a bomb to get it to explode in slow motion, which is one of my favorite BTAS moments. And I think of how they should recreate it on Flash, since they wouldn't even need the time-slower; they could just show him speedily carrying a bomb away from the city as it slowly blows up in his hands.

Oh boy

An all-star roster of actors has joined Warner Bros. Pictures’ Suicide Squad movie, bringing DC Comics’ super villain team to the big screen as a new action adventure under the direction of David Ayer (Fury).

The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film will star two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith (The Pursuit of HappynessFocus) as Deadshot;

Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises, upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road) as Rick Flagg;

Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall StreetFocus) as Harley Quinn;

Oscar winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers ClubAlexander) as the Joker;

Jai Courtney (DivergentThe Water Diviner) as Boomerang;

and Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina, upcoming Pan) as Enchantress.