DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Clancy Brown was born to play roles like Gen. Eiling.

Your random does-this-mean-anything name drop for the week is Cameron Scott.

Not crazy about certain decisions made this week as far as ongoing storylines, but the slow-build teaser at the end was FUCKING ACE.

Caught up with last night's Gotham - I've already posted a couple times how this is far and away the best version of Penguin ever. Well, with apologies to Michael Caine and Michael Gogh: Best. Alfred. Ever.

Yeah. "Just remember: I let him TRY" It's a shame that the good in this show is so bogged down by the bad.

• Like 1

Clancy Brown was born to play roles like Gen. Eiling.

Your random does-this-mean-anything name drop for the week is Cameron Scott.

Not crazy about certain decisions made this week as far as ongoing storylines, but the slow-build teaser at the end was FUCKING ACE.

Which decisions weren't you big on? The ending teaser was definitely nice. I'm surprised they are going that route, at least with one of the characters involved.

Regarding the finish of last night's Flash:

I'm okay with killing Plastique, but I think they should have given her a 3ish episode arc to make her death more meaningful.  Plus they could have explored the "how do you do good when your power is blowing stuff up?" angle.  Cisco makes a super-thin body condom for her so she can touch people again, but then she still doesn't get with him.  More stuff about how her time under Eiling's control damaged her.  Seemed like plenty of decent possibilities they threw away.

Also, I still find the Barry/Iris thing to be incesty and weird.  Iris' dad was cool with his adopted son going through puberty while lusting after his daughter?  Creepy.

Really liked Flash this week.  Probably the best of the series so far.  The last couple of minutes were really powerful.  I kinda get a weird vibe from Barry/Iris too.  Maybe that's why she's oblivious to his feelings, because that's literally her brother as far as she's concerned.

Gotham was pretty solid again too.  Couple of nitpicky things, but the overall episode was pretty decent.

It's both ridiculous and awesome how every single significant guest star gets called back in at some point in the last 2 episodes. I have no idea how they top that.

Summer Glau's Deathstroke mask, on the other hand...just ridiculous.

Ha. The first half of the season 3 premiere is basically a well-deserved victory lap. Fan service out the wazoo.

Oh, and now here's Brandon Routh to devour what remains of the scenery in Starling on full SCOTT PILGRIM tilt. Glorious.