DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

They've now cast The Riddler for GOTHAM. It's some guy, so whatever. But the character description is horrifying:

WBTV and FOX announced today that Cory Michael Smith has been cast as the Future Riddler in the straight-to-series Commissioner Gordon prequel "Gotham."

Edward Nygma is introduced in the Bruno Heller-scripted "Gotham" pilot as a forensics expert who helps Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) in a murder investigation. He prefers speaking in riddles to giving straight-forward answers, which annoys the two detectives

They've now cast The Riddler for GOTHAM. It's some guy, so whatever. But the character description is horrifying:

WBTV and FOX announced today that Cory Michael Smith has been cast as the Future Riddler in the straight-to-series Commissioner Gordon prequel "Gotham."

Edward Nygma is introduced in the Bruno Heller-scripted "Gotham" pilot as a forensics expert who helps Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) in a murder investigation. He prefers speaking in riddles to giving straight-forward answers, which annoys the two detectives

Reads. Like. SHIIIT.

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I saw that HUB was airing STAS so I DVR'd it. My daughters and me have been doing a routine where we read a comic and then watch an "super hero show" which started out as Justice League but somehow we got into STAS. I've never watched it before. I usually don't really care for Superman at all but this series has been surprisingly good. I thought the whole "Superman is an alien" gimmick that the Man of Steel portrayed was a more recent outlook on the character. The stories I've always read always revolved around him being a superMAN and very little to do with him being from another world. 

Its almost strange how often aliens just drop in from the skies. I dig it the Darkseid stuff was a bit scattered and I think would have been more effective if it wasn't spread out two or three episodes here and three over three seasons. I think my favorite episodes halfway through the third season is the Bizzaro origin story, the Brainiac origin story, the Worlds Finest trilogy (which was awesome) and the Lobo debut. Its not the greatest show ever or anything but its a hundred times better than I ever figured it would be. In fact watching this and watching the first season of Justice League and I prefer Superman over the Justice League so far. Of course halfway through the first season of Justice League and the co headliner of the group Batman has been in it very sparingly so far. 

Wait, the extended cut of Sucker Punch still isn't his vision?

Want.

(Yeah, I actually liked Sucker Punch.  A lot.)

Edit:  Jesus, could the interviewer been any less objective?  And I'm a pretty big fan of Snyder, but Christ, dude, objectivity?

Yeah that was a terrific ending. 3 episodes left right? During his panel at Emerald City Comic Con, Amell said the last 3 episodes (spoilered just in case somebody doesn't want to know)

all take place over the course of one night

So, the STAR Labs nerds that are going to Flash next season have to come up with at the least a temp depowerer for Miricuru, right?  Because I find it really hard to believe that Ollie and Diggle can hope to beat Deathstroke, Queen, Brother Blood and their army of Miricuru Mooks in one night without a cure or a yet to be introduced Metahuman assisting.