DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I think the most confusing thing for people with the show  is that it's about Gordon, not Bruce. People are expecting the Adventures of Emo Richie Rich when the premise is supposed to be Gotham Central: Year One instead. 

It might still be terrible, mind you.

Myself & DC have agreed on a character.. extremely complex, well known (but never played) and a pure BAD ASS MF;) #RockTalk .@ThomasEspin

Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped. #RockTalk @CFitzyy

Here's the official shot of The Penguin.

1148852_794389217257737_158257941_n.jpg

But who plays Captain Marvel?

Adam Corrolla on steroids .

And seriously, if they do a Captain Marvel movie that totally embraces the 40's CC Beck magical and wonderful style then I'm in heaven. CGI Mr. Mind as the worm with glasses who's also a mass murderer, Rock as Black Adam, Tawney Tiger, A bald Steve Buscemi as Dr Sivana, and I'm trying to think of a jacked up dude to be Captain Nazi.

I'm guessing Lobo. I can't think of many DC characters I would describe as badass and Lobo would be one. Lobo also seems like a DC movie destined to fail, so that has to be it.

I guess this should go in here...

For the first time since I was a kid, I just watched Superman IV. In news that isn't actually news to all of you, it's fucking godawful. It's been a couple years since I saw the other Superman films, but it seemed like this had the worst flying special effects of them all. Until today, I would've sworn that Dolph Lundgren played the bad guy. Also, Margot Kidder was never a looker, but in the space of less than 10 years, she got really haggard.

Also, a skinny Jim Broadbent is in here with absolutely no lines of dialogue.