DVDVR Message Board

AEW Revolution - 2/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, Craig H said:

Here's how I want Hangman/Omega vs The Bucks to end: Hangman/Omega win, Bucks act like assholes in defeat, they cool down, Omega shakes hands with the Bucks, the Bucks don't want anything to do with Hangman, Hangman is like "no, no, come on," Matt and Nick extend their hands, Hangman lariats one and gives the other the Dead Eye, Omega looks on in disbelief, Hangman hands Omega his belt, crowd goes fucking wild.

DTA YOU DUMB SONUVABITCH!

This, but I want the tweener Hangman Page version.

I want Hangman to tag himself in after Omega refuses to pin one of the Jacksons after some injury kayfabe reason maybe Matt blows his knee out or something, blast the dude with a clothesline, pin him, pay windah, and then Page throws Kenny's belt at him as Kenny stares at him with an expression of shock.  

Belts Before Bros, mother fucker.

Page & Omega are a well booked parejas increibles. I know the Bucks are due for a title run, but I'd like to give Page / Omega a bit more time before they implode.  It feels too soon for them to drop the belts.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Dr. Luther(No mention of Nightmare Collective) just challenged Jimmy Havoc to what sounds like a death match. So that might be at Revolution, or for the pre-show.

Great.  What the world needs.  Another shitty Jimmy Havoc highly scripted death match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Great.  What the world needs.  Another shitty Jimmy Havoc highly scripted death match.

Dr Luther is still wrestling? WTF, the dude has to be my age.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Dr Luther is still wrestling? WTF, the dude has to be my age.

Damian 666 was able to drag Jimmy Havoc to a watchable hardcore match so I have hopes that a vet like Dr. Luther can as well?  It is a huge ask of Dr. Luther though.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Brodie debuts at the Rochester, NY show. Dollars to donuts that’s who it is.

I hope so - anyone but Hardy who, at age 45, feels like an appointment that would be more late-00s TNA than fitting of the AEW M.O.

I just realized I have no idea what to expect from the Cody/MJF match. Heel stalling for sure but the physicality of the build up leads me to expect a brutal match and I’ve never seen MJF wrestle like that. Very interested to see what they do.

Every other match seems like slam dunk. My only concern is that wrestlers will hurt themselves trying to one up each other. 

I haven't posted much in the weekly threads but I'm still watching and loving what AEW is doing. The ironman match this week was killer. The cage match last week was great. And I'm definitely buying Revolution. Really well built card. Most looking forward to MJF vs Cody and The Elite Explode tag match.

One thing that's very refreshing to me is the patience they have debuting some of their wrestler. Hager showed up in October and is just now having his first match. Wardlow showed up in November and didn't wrestle until February. Orange Cassidy's been there since May and this is his first singles match. It feels organic that they're debuting people and not forcing them into matches until they have an issue.

• Like 6

Watching an old 1-2-3 Kid match right now, and thinking about what he would become as a heel with the nWo. He reminds me so much of Sammy Guevara today. Just two immensely talented young guys in the ring who are so good at playing little shits you love to see get their asses kicked. I really hope Sammy gets out of this eventually, and doesn’t fall into the same hole as sidekick to the top guys forever before it gets old, and depressing.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I think im actually going to buy this, first AEW show I've bought. The last Takeover burned me out, I switched over to Dynamite 2 weeks ago midway through NXT and tuned in for Dynamite this past week. Really looking forward to it.

Gabba gabba/ we accept you/ we accept you/ One of us

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Gabba gabba/ we accept you/ we accept you/ One of us

That's all I ever wanted to hear, sir

Really looking forward to Page&Omega vs Young Bucks. Moxley vs Jericho is why im hyped though. I liked their cage match in WWE a lot.

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Watching an old 1-2-3 Kid match right now, and thinking about what he would become as a heel with the nWo. He reminds me so much of Sammy Guevara today. Just two immensely talented young guys in the ring who are so good at playing little shits you love to see get their asses kicked. I really hope Sammy gets out of this eventually, and doesn’t fall into the same hole as sidekick to the top guys forever before it gets old, and depressing.

I have been thinking about what his arc might look like, and I think it's almost a guarantee that he puts the knife in Jericho's back somewhere down the road to take over IC. He has shown thus far that he's going to shine as King Fuckhead, so that feels like the most surefire way to allow him to blossom into that kind of guy that hangs around the most important feuds/titles/show placement. He's still so goddamn young, it almost feels weird to be talking about it, but he just keeps sticking out as the kind of guy that looks like something very special moving forward.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Moxley vs Jericho is why im hyped though. I liked their cage match in WWE a lot.

Really? I found it long at the time. Turns out something else got bumped from the card and they were asked to eat the extra time. I felt it showed. 

14 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I just realized I have no idea what to expect from the Cody/MJF match. Heel stalling for sure but the physicality of the build up leads me to expect a brutal match and I’ve never seen MJF wrestle like that. Very interested to see what they do.

Does MJF know how to blade? If not, I have a feeling he's about to learn. 

Revolution Predictions:

Mox wins World Championship. Jericho spends next few months trying to get back at Mox while Sammy starts questioning Jericho’s leadership of Inner Circle.

Omega & Page retain as Omega surprisingly does some heel move to win the match. Omega slowly begins his heel turn in next months leading up to match with MOX for Championship.

MJF defeats Cody with the help of Arn Anderson breaking Cody’s foot. Cody gets put on the shelf and MJF next feud will be with Darby Allin.

Darby Allin defeats Sammy. See above.

Rose retains title over Statlander as the Alien almost wins with high fever/sick..etc.

Hager puts Dustin to sleep.

PAC wins and OC gets carted out on a stretcher but yet still give the audience a thumbs up.

Dark Order wins...Exalted One gets teased (I have no idea who it will be)

Edited by Flair’s Shadow