DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Yeah, my friends and I are leaning towards the PS5 despite the XSX sounding like it has better specs because of exclusives (and Japanese developers who rarely release stuff on MS consoles). As I have little restraint with these things, I will likely end up with both eventually.

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, my friends and I are leaning towards the PS5 despite the XSX sounding like it has better specs because of exclusives (and Japanese developers who rarely release stuff on MS consoles). As I have little restraint with these things, I will likely end up with both eventually.

I will too but it will be in 10 years when my son is done with college.

Of course I will probably be dead by then

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This sounds weird, but the biggest thing that will probably lead me to purchase an XSX is MLB: The Show going cross platform. Stuff like backwards compatibility, the Cyberpunk stuff, and more are also big incentives. The main thing that may hold me back though is just how many of my old friends stick with PlayStation instead of going back to the Xbox. 

Sounds like this will be the last time we have to worry about which console to buy. With all of these articles saying Microsoft (and probably Sony) are looking to get out of the console business and the rise of streaming platforms like Stadia, it'll mostly be about developing games from here on out. 

Consoles are money losers for Sony and Microsoft, right? I read that it costs Sony $450 USD to make a PS5 and then people are talking about a $500 suggested retail price. Does that $450 include shipping, advertising, and all the other costs?

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will too but it will be in 10 years when my son is done with college.

Of course I will probably be dead by then

I think I will survive to see my daughter graduate from college, but I'll be long dead when the grandkids start showing up.

The Baldur's Gate 3 footage was really rough around the edges cut the core concept and feel is exactly what I want. While I have little doubt they'll iron out the bugs, the models don't look great and animations aren't so hot. I am surprised that it is slated for a 2020 release though and expect a delay into next year if it's this rough and incomplete. 

Sounds like some AEW video game news is coming soon. Someone asked about it during the the Q&A today:

I thought it would have been funny if Cody was like, "you all want the Acclaim WWF Warzone engine, right?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Sounds like some AEW video game news is coming soon. Someone asked about it during the the Q&A today:

I thought it would have been funny if Cody was like, "you all want the Acclaim WWF Warzone engine, right?"

Giant Gram 2020: All Elite confirmed.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I have never played an Animal Crossing game. 

Anytime I have seen one of the characters I thought they were for small children. 

But the new game, New Horizons (3/20), just looks like it would be a load of fun. 

Seriously considering a day one purchase. 

My wife doesn't play video games.  Or didn't at the time, anyway (she plays solitaire or other games on her ipad at times).  When the DS version of Animal Crossing came out, she somehow found out about it through my nephew or something and decided she liked it.  She insisted I buy her a DS Lite (the pink one, of course) and the game.  She must have played 1000 hours on that game.  She got every single item you can possibly get.  She LOVES it.  

Ain't no way I'm telling her there's a new Animal Crossing game coming out on a console we don't have.

22 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I hope you've at least had the sense to practice being surprised it exists when she finds out and mentions it, "Oh I had no idea, how about that".

Yes. I've learned a thing or two in 25 years of marriage.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get my PS4 to update and it's been so many months the controller isn't charged and the PS3 controller isn't charged either so hopefully they'll recover sometime today. ? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Enjoy.

It feels like Kenny Omega should have a gaming channel or Twitch. 

There's a Being the Elite channel where it was mostly him playing stuff.  But that was last updated a year ago so I'm assuming with his EVP duties he just doesn't have the time to do it.  But it would be nice if he did even if it wasn't done often.

10 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Enjoy.

It feels like Kenny Omega should have a gaming channel or Twitch. 

I dunno if I want to watch him playing Street Fighter for hours on end.  His proficiency with Ken, Ryu, and Zangief is disturbingly legendary.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I know nothing about this game, it's predecessor, or even own an XBox.  But I can't stop watching this.  Should I track down Hellblade 1 for PS4?  

Short answer is FUCK YEAH YOU SHOULD~!

Long answer is that Hellbalde is one of the most disturbingly beautiful thematic games I've ever played, but it is DARK and not for everyone.   The main character is batshit insane and Ninja Theory's use of colors and distorted audio to give you the VR perception of how psychosis feels through Senua's perspective is downright haunting.  It is a game best played in small doses, but it definitely a game worth playing..  There will be times when your gut will say, "I need a break from this mother fucker," and you should listen.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3