DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

AAA games getting delayed doesn't bode well for next generation consoles (Xbox Series X/PS5). If people are playing Final Fantasy VII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077 and The Last of Us Part II on PS4 in September/October/November, Sony and Microsoft would be smart to delay their consoles to after Christmas 2020 or spring 2021. Of course, they could do special enhancements that are unique to their consoles and have those games as part of their launch lineups on XBX & PS5.

If Iron Man VR got delayed too, it may not be that great anyway.

Doesn't matter anyway. XSX and PS5 are both backwards compatible.

4 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I had to look up which one Dying Light was to remember which one Dying Light was. 

I know I played it.  That title just doesn't scream RUN LIKE FUCK FROM ZOMBIES 

I'm fairly sure that the only reason I don't mix up all 3 of Dying Light, Evil Within and Until Dawn is that UD was a PS+ freebie so I know that's the David Cage-esque horror game.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:43 AM, Andrew POE! said:

If Iron Man VR got delayed too, it may not be that great anyway.

I had high hopes for the VR, but like I've said before - finding truly great games for it is few and far between. I was really hoping the Iron Man game would be good, but who even knows at this point.

Astro Bot 2 when?

VR screwed VR.  When there are like ten good games and at least a couple are exclusive to specific VR platforms, the market is so segmented that it's totally screwed.  It's not like console exclusives.  Nobody is buying multiple VR setups to play everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Until I can just pop on a Geordi Laforge VISOR and go without having to clear out a fucking giant cube of space, or fuck around with cables, and take an extra 4 steps just to get a game working, VR is a total non-starter to me. Also this is more of a personal thing but since I only hear properly out of one ear, any setup that seems headphone-reliant for delivering audio is a total fucking pain for me.

• Like 1

Don’t get me started on the cable issue. I don’t know about other VR rigs, but the PlayStation one infuriated me with all of the different cords and shit. It’s 2020, why isn’t more stuff wireless?

Although, I do hate that the controller can only be charged through a USB cable. Batteries never were an issue for me personally, since I can get a 24 pack at my job for $4.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Lode Runner Legacy, which has been out for years on PC and Switch, finally lands on PS4 next week.  It rules.

Also, Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III, Willy Jetman, Saboteur (a port of a ZX Spectrum ninja game with sorta bad music), and Pillars of Eternity II are out next week.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:13 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

Lode Runner Legacy, which has been out for years on PC and Switch, finally lands on PS4 next week.  It rules.

It's amazing. Perfect example of how to remaster an ancient game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

God only knows what size of team is actually working on this so I don't want to get hopes too high, but, I mean...

Shit, if its anything like Star Frontiers, I may have to go and find my nerd dice from the attic and buy some graph paper.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Shit, if its anything like Star Frontiers, I may have to go and find my nerd dice from the attic and buy some graph paper.

Spelljammers for me ?

I just wish someone ripoff the Star Trek MMO and reskin it Spelljamers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turk128 said:

Spelljammers for me ?

I just wish someone ripoff the Star Trek MMO and reskin it Spelljamers.

I'd be happy if WOTC gave us some 5th edition Spelljammer stuff at least.

• Like 1

Here is the long gameplay vid ripped from last August's Cyberpunk 2077 reveal

NSFW due to violence, nudity, and language.  Also mild spoiler alert since these missions will probably be active when the game releases.

Yeah, Destiny 2 gameplay will be virtually non-existent once I get my mitts on this thing. 

I am waaaaaaaaaayyyyy more impressed by this initial gameplay vid than I was for that shitty alpha clip for Bloodlines 2.  I am finally getting the Deus Ex sequel I deserved.  I am also impressed by the player character's henchman.  He's a bit of an asshole, but he's survived a lot longer than most Skyrim followers have.

I know they want this thing to have the feel of a pen and paper game, but as long as there is a decent balance between RPG hard skills and toon piloting I'll be good.  I don't mind having to upgrade skills like hacking, shit talking, or engineering by gaining Street Cred, but I hate weapon skills that adversely affect my free aim ability.

I want to be decent with all weaponry.  I don't want to be forced to specialize in particular weapon classes because I have to invest skill points in a proficiency tree.

I may as well start saving up now for an Xbox One X to run this thing.  I don't think my One storage will cut it.

Edited by J.T.

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Will get but Nintendo World Cup was among my go to games for NES. Is it a licencing thing with FIFA? Kunio looks like the same thing but more in depth at first glance. Sold. 

It's a Nintendo brand game.  Kunio Soccer is the exact same game aside from teams being shuffled around.

• Like 1