DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You should get 35 more cats.

It hit ninety degrees yesterday and Seven and Sandor thought it would be a fine idea to cuddle up when I was attempting a nap. There was just the two of them but they managed to make it seem like thirty-five... Apparently cats have a far different idea than we do as to what = "warm enough".

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Contentious C said:

You'd think someone who's watched as much Tales from the Crypt as J.T. would already have a pretty good tolerance for imagining Ann Coulter naked...

I am weird but I am not a masochist.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Maybe he pursues happiness by not caring about the health and wellbeing of others once he's got his.

I'm not getting that vibe.  Dude sounds like he just wants to go stack his paper and spend it.

It's not really my business how he can afford to buy plane tickets to Orlando, but I do believe it's important to remember why we aren't all able to just go and hang out at a mall since there is a virus out there killing people dead. 

There are also cops out there killing people dead.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, OSJ said:

They raised the price of cheeseburgers a nickel during this economic crises! I am outraged to the very core of my being!

Which reminds me- I created a Venn Diagram of people incensed at being told to stay at home and people who say George Floyd would still be alive if he just obeyed the law.

latest?cb=20190304215308

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Southside Jim PM'd me last week telling me he was tired of my "misanthropy" because I likened the people who are angry about stay-at-home orders to spoiled children (but I did acknowledge that this may be an insult to children, who tend to know better)

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Southside Jim PM'd me last week telling me he was tired of my "misanthropy" because I likened the people who are angry about stay-at-home orders to spoiled children (but I did acknowledge that this may be an insult to children, who tend to know better).

Everyone hates the stay at home orders until someone they know and love gets sick or worse, they get sick themselves.  Then they get all pissed off about how state and local governments did nothing to protect them.

The purpose of government is to protect the people, but not necessarily from their own bad behavior.  If you catch the fucking coronabug while out pursuing your happiness in defiance of best practices, that's kinda on you.

You're not a misanthrope.  You're like me.  You just hate people that insist on doing dumb shit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Everyone hates the stay at home orders until someone they know and love gets sick or worse, they get sick themselves.  Then they get all pissed off about how state and local governments did nothing to protect them.

The purpose of government is to protect the people, but not necessarily from their own bad behavior.  If you catch the fucking coronabug while out pursuing your happiness in defiance of best practices, that's kinda on you.

You're not a misanthrope.  You're like me.  You just hate people that insist on doing dumb shit.

Exactly!  I was just talking to the missus about this and my point was that these people stay in the house for two weeks, stay healthy, and then they're like "WELL I'M HEALTHY AND I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WHO'S SICK SO CLEARLY THIS IS BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO THE MALL."  Dumbass, you're healthy because you stayed home in the first place.

I care about people who care about themselves.  People who do dumb shit and get sick and then get others sick?  Nope.

• Like 4

It’s truly some O. Henry shit at my house. I consider my day a success if I don’t have to leave the house or speak to anyone besides my family, so of course I’ve worked through all of this with a bunch of mouth breathers invading my personal space. My wife is a social butterfly who loves talking to strangers, and she’s been stuck home for three months. She went shopping one day and told me what a thrill it was to wait in a social distance line in front of a store and chat people up, which makes me shudder. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

It’s truly some O. Henry shit at my house. I consider my day a success if I don’t have to leave the house or speak to anyone besides my family, so of course I’ve worked through all of this with a bunch of mouth breathers invading my personal space. My wife is a social butterfly who loves talking to strangers, and she’s been stuck home for three months. She went shopping one day and told me what a thrill it was to wait in a social distance line in front of a store and chat people up, which makes me shudder. 

Jimmy Hart should really sell replica megaphones for this very purpose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Exactly!  I was just talking to the missus about this and my point was that these people stay in the house for two weeks, stay healthy, and then they're like "WELL I'M HEALTHY AND I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WHO'S SICK SO CLEARLY THIS IS BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO THE MALL."  Dumbass, you're healthy because you stayed home in the first place.

I care about people who care about themselves.  People who do dumb shit and get sick and then get others sick?  Nope.

200_d.gif

• Haha 3

As fun as it is to think about him going into the bunker on Friday, his response on Saturday was essentially to softly ask for street brawls that night. This story being out is going to be a major hit to his ego, and the response will not be good. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Speaking of that album and the Rodney King song, I am going to be a hypocrite.  

I know I said that looting isn't cool but if there is ever a riot in RVA, it better happen near Rooms To Go on Broad Street when I have a moving van handy.

I have had my eye on this dinette set for quite some time now.

noah-chocolate-4-pc-bar-height-dining-ro

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I know I said that looting isn't cool but if there is ever a riot in RVA, it better happen near Rooms To Go on Broad Street when I have a moving van handy.

Insert 5 year old GTA chat joke here.

• Haha 2

Chicago Public Schools have suspended their food distribution program for fear of the violent nature of the protests. Since 'Rona closed schools down thousands of families who relied on school lunches to feed their kids were relying on this program.. They've distributed something over 12 million meals since the shut down to low income areas and at risk families.

I can't even begin to sort out this decision.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

That chair in the foreground reminds me of the church pew bench my dad brought home from the local parish when they were getting rid of their old furniture. Still in my mom's hallway to this day.