DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Mad Cow Bird Flu Disease - 7/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Well, Murder Bear is officially a face again, so that's good. 

But the show revolved around Poochie McMahon, so that's not good. 

Oh, and hey! They remembered the Kabuki Warriors exist  (good!), but they're not getting a title shot any time soon (not good!). 

And hoo boy did they get that final match JUST under the wire.  Can't delay the Crissley Armada! (not good!) 

11 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I definitely welcome the reboot of the Stone Cold CM Owens babyface push. Definitely got derailed before it got going last time due to all the injuries on the heel side. Well executed turn, as well. Props to whoever's written that the past two weeks.

Same. KO had done it all as a heel and his brief baby face run ended when they were scrambling for a replacement opponent for Kofi Kingston.

Edited by The Natural

I enjoyed the beginning and end with stone Cole Kevin Owens. I'm glad he is face again so soon after the latest turn. I get why they made the turn, but face Owens was a refreshing change that he has needed in his run.

The triple threat between Xavier, Otis, & Bryan was good fun.

Thought all of the stuff with Bayley and Nikki was decent.

It was nice to see them continuing the feud between Mandy/Sonya & Ember. Was good to see the Kabuki Warriors get tv time again, and the segment with them and IIconics was decent.

Cesaro/Black should be a nice match. I only wish they found a significantly more interesting way to get to it.

Was happy to see Nakamura destroy poor Finn in their match.

The ending match and segment was ok. I actually think Shane is an solid heel, but I think the Mcmahons in general are better in doses. Shane is well past the point where he should have been embarrassed and disappeared for a few months. I really hope Sunday's match turns into a crazy brawl with all of Shane's guys facing off against Roman, Taker, the Usos, Owens, & Miz.

Solid show tonight, better than last week's.

Cesaro vs Black is going to be an awesome match if they let it but maybe it is just me but Black's character has taken a rather goofy turn. Not cartoonish but at it's progression it could be.   I guess that was pretty obvious when they started added Frankenstein noises to his bad ass entrance music.   

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Maybe if their show wasnt so shitty, they wouldn’t need to take time every few months to acknowledge how shitty it is.

They know it’s shitty. They should stop letting it be shitty. 

Well, I mean, it's shitty because there's something going on every Monday and Tuesday so they just have to phone it in except for those one or two weeks where nothing happens.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Cesaro vs Black is going to be an awesome match if they let it but maybe it is just me but Black's character has taken a rather goofy turn. Not cartoonish but at it's progression it could be.   I guess that was pretty obvious when they started added Frankenstein noises to his bad ass entrance music.   

They're turning Aleister into PCO?

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're turning Aleister into PCO?

They added a creak as the board behind him that we aren't supposed to see rises him. I like it. It acknowledges that he's not actually rising like a vampire because we can see the dopey board.

The creak to Black rising is as dumb as the bullet ricocheting sound for Ricochet's entrance. We get it. One is rising from the crypt and the other's name is Ricochet. Not everything needs to be the rat from the end of the Departed.

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, I kinda liked SmackDown mainly because Owens is immediately one of their best faces and another person the fans desperately want to get behind. They now need to not turn him into Smilin' Kevin Owens. This guy should be a stone cold killer on the mic every time he goes out. Just give the guy a mic and let him do his thing each week and he'll be someone viewers will want to watch.

WHO WILL WIN THE RUBBER MATCH?!
1    wXw The Vision
13. March 2010 @ The Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (United States of America)
Claudio Castagnoli defeated Tommy End
2    18+ Underground Chapter 3
18. April 2010 @ Nightstyle in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)
Tommy End defeated Claudio Castagnoli

Edit: You look at the card for their first attempt at a US show(I believe) and you wonder how good that would be now with some re-configuring for retirements.
wXw World Lightweight Title Match
Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. TJP
Singles Match
Big Van Walter vs. Eddie Kingston
Singles Match
Karsten Beck vs. Nick Gage
wXw World Tag Team Title Match
The Switchblade Conspiracy (Jon Moxley & Sami Callihan) (c) vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)
Singles Match
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Tommy End
wXw World Heavyweight Title Match
Steve Douglas (c) vs. Bad Bones
Singles Match
Alex Shelley vs. Chris Hero
Pain In The Glass Match
Drake Younger vs. Thumbtack Jack

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

Still don't care for trying to force stone cold kevin owens to be a thing again. Too little too late for me after they had their chance to refresh his character with the face turn the first time and going right back to the dull shit for the past 3 months. Contrary to his pipe bomb attempt, I'd rather watch Shane O. the IIconics segment just made me wish they could kick Paige's ass for being obnoxious. She slaps Billie unprovoked and they just have to stand there and take it.. awful. Roman/Dolph was my one highlight overall from this show, rest was a bore.