Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

SDL is a Hot Dog Eating Contest - 7/2/2019

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Another thing with that Buddy Murphy heel promo. Why is he being so polite to start? “Ladies, and gentlemen...” is a terrible way to start a heel promo. Especially if you aren’t a well established one. He should’ve started by saying “Listen up, lone star state fatties”. 

Thanks for reminding me of Rick Rude's promo putdowns to the audience.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay what the fuck was that Shelton Benjamin "promo"?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Another thing with that Buddy Murphy heel promo. Why is he being so polite to start? “Ladies, and gentlemen...” is a terrible way to start a heel promo. Especially if you aren’t a well established one. He should’ve started by saying “Listen up, lone star state fatties”. 

Paul E and Joel Gertner are probably the only folks who would disagree with you. 

I didn't watch but once Bischoff's in I'll give it a shot. I'm very happy for Murphy though. The last 2 maybe 3 house shows I went to he tore it up, including a match last year with Cedric Alexander that was for real one of the best I've ever seen live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Paul E and Joel Gertner are probably the only folks who would disagree with you. 

“...If you aren’t well established”. There are guys out there who can walk in the ring, and instantly get heat before uttering a line. Buddy Murphy isn’t one of them. So he should go out there, and grab that heat for himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Okay what the fuck was that Shelton Benjamin "promo"?

 

 

I forgot about that until you mentioned it. I don't know what that was, but it made me laugh. Feels very Tim and Eric inspired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I blink and miss Finn or has he vanished? And no mention of Nakamura tearing it up in Japan with Seth, I thought they might use clips of it to push Nak/Balor but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Did I blink and miss Finn or has he vanished? And no mention of Nakamura tearing it up in Japan with Seth, I thought they might use clips of it to push Nak/Balor but oh well.

I originally thought Balor was on the shelf until Andrade came back to continue their feud. Andrade is back and the champion is nowhere to be found?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably Vince sees Finn as a low priority, and with good reasons. He’s a man who never seems to put himself out there, and try to set himself apart. Especially after he lost his top spot as Universal Champion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I feel like maybe i missed Meltzer reporting that Rusev and Lana were fired....

They weren't fired

Rusev requested time off which they gave him

Dave thinks they are just both not being used until their contract expires

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I feel like maybe i missed Meltzer reporting that Rusev and Lana were fired....

He asked for time off. Who knows at this point whether he’ll resign, or let his contract run out?

Edit: Jinx! you owe me a coke.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They weren't fired

Rusev requested time off which they gave him

Dave thinks they are just both not being used until their contract expires

Though I also saw where some are saying that Rusev wants to leave but Lana wants to stay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, caley said:

Though I also saw where some are saying that Rusev wants to leave but Lana wants to stay 

And knowing wwe, they are probably fine with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexa was always my favorite at responding to the what chants in great ways.

Thought this show sucked. Trying to force Owens back into his face role now feels too little too late to me, they had their chance to make him fresh and ruined it to give us some of the dullest months ever of him going back heel.. why buy it now after he had just pulled that crap with new day. Mandy Rose getting squashed in 2 minutes and no followup for Sonya was disappointing. Just nothing really interesting at all on this show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Okay what the fuck was that Shelton Benjamin "promo"?

 

 

Whatever it was, I'M IN ALL IN. That was my favorite part of the whole episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shelton knows his estranged best friend, Brock Lesnar, is going to cash-in on Kofi at Extreme Rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

 

 

Need the theme to "House MD".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...