DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Hot Dog Eating Contest - 7/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

The only thing that made me happy seeing Ziggler tonight was seeing Owens take him apart on the mic. That was a true thing of beauty.

It was nice to see Ember get some retribution.

Kofi getting one over on Joe was nice to see.

The lack of of any follow up to Kabuki Warriors vs. IIconics is saddening.

5 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Seemed like a Vince show.

I think it’ll be a long while(if ever) before Bischoff’s fingers are on this show. Unlike Heyman, he hasn’t ever been a member of this creative team.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think it’ll be a long while(if ever) before Bischoff’s fingers are on this show. Unlike Heyman, he hasn’t ever been a member of this creative team.

What are you talking about? You think the savvy business people who run this company are going to spend big money on a guy just to bench him? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So many Lanny Poffo's in this company.

FTFY

Thinking back to KO destroying Ziggler on the mic, did you hear how much the crowd was cheering for him? Let this fucking guy roast the hell out of heels each week. He'd be must see TV at that point. But no, we must have Kevin Owens as a heel because...reasons.

Oh yeah. Kofi's middle finger is oddly short. It looked weird with him doing it, it looked weird for how they shot it, and they drew it out too long for him giving Joe the finger. That said, this show was everything Raw wasn't. This still felt like the same tired, stale shit they serve up each week, but at the same time, we got a good mic segment with Joe and Kofi, we got KO destroying Ziggler, we got a solid Crews vs Andrade match, and...the presentation of it all just felt very different from the previous night.

One last complaint. It's official. I have no fucking clue who is on what roster anymore except that Kofi and the New Day are SmackDown guys because Kofi is the champ and Big E and Creed roll with him. Beyond that, yeah, no idea.

• Like 1

Well, unlike RAW, this mostly just felt like another WWE show.

Kofi is getting booked surprisingly well as a top face.

Andrade's back elbow continues to be my least favorite current regular spot in wrestling. Duck instead of blocking you idiots! Not to mention he starts the motion of the elbow before they block. The most fucking contrived move... 

Bryan and Joe continue to be just amazing on the mic. 

Extreme Rules at least looks more interesting than Stomping Ground did.

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

The lack of of any follow up to Kabuki Warriors vs. IIconics is saddening.

Technically they did - it was just to the RAW live crowd

Also - if social media is to be believed - both Asuka and Kairi Sane are still in Japan

• Like 1

Also I don’t know how these wrestlers are coached. But when doing a promo, they need to realize that pausing for reaction should only be reserved for announcing something big, getting cheap heat, and saying something insulting to the crowd. But most of these guys are following scripts, and they only have so little time. Because if you were a really good promo guy, and decided to go rogue, you would stop reciting lines, and go after the fans, then get back on script to get their attention. Like single out a guy in the crowd, and let him have it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also I don’t know how these wrestlers are coached. But when doing a promo, they need to realize that pausing for reaction should only be reserved for announcing something big, getting cheap heat, and saying something insulting to the crowd. But most of these guys are following scripts, and they only have so little time. Because if you were a really good promo guy, and decided to go rogue, you would stop reciting lines, and go after the fans, then get back on script to get their attention. Like single out a guy in the crowd, and let him have it.

"Shut up, fatboy! I'll come to your house and make your mama go whooo-whooo-whooo!"

You mean like that?

Another thing with that Buddy Murphy heel promo. Why is he being so polite to start? “Ladies, and gentlemen...” is a terrible way to start a heel promo. Especially if you aren’t a well established one. He should’ve started by saying “Listen up, lone star state fatties”. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1