DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

Guest The Magnificent 7

I took my sons and Dad to the Royal Oak show last year and we had an absolute blast. We’ll likely make the pilgrimage to Grand Rapids this year. Looking forward to who is coming over this time from NJ. 

why are they running big arenas? They are not gonna sell out by any means they may get a good turn out cuz the PNW is not only starved for but loves wrestling.

but running near empty arenas doesn’t help your presentation only hurts it.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 10:11 AM, Edwin said:

ROH is running Lakeland this Saturday. Not sure I'll make it as I'm not sure I want to make the drive just to see Rush, Gresham, the Briscoes, Haskins, Hot Sauce and Cobb. The rest of the guys on the roster I don't like that much.

I think ZSJ can be OK with the right opponent, but not Rocky Romero.

Tickets are cheap, so if I'm bored and free I may make the trip.

Went to this tonight. Haven't been to a ROH show since 2009 and haven't watched ROH tv since the POP days. Thought it sucked to be honest. They have some good talent. Marty, Juice, Bandido, RUSH stick out the most. The tapings just so minor league and without any buzz. Part of that was probably cause they were in Florida. I don't get how Lethal is the champion. So boring. They should give the title to Marty or Juice at the MSG show. Show wasn't worth the drive and I have no desire to watch ROH again.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, Web Conn said:

why are they running big arenas? They are not gonna sell out by any means they may get a good turn out cuz the PNW is not only starved for but loves wrestling.

but running near empty arenas doesn’t help your presentation only hurts it.

They might do OK. Defy Wrestling draws good crowds whenever they run a show. Granted they don't run 8000 seat arenas though...

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

They might do OK. Defy Wrestling draws good crowds whenever they run a show. Granted they don't run 8000 seat arenas though...

I think they are gonna do well. Like 1500-2000 depending on the card. Wrestling is big out there and it's just know becoming accessible. ROH is on TV their on Komo 4 at 11:30 on Saturday so it might get strong ratings. I won't be able to make it, I'll actually be in town the week before but I plan on watching this show.   

8 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Went to this tonight. Haven't been to a ROH show since 2009 and haven't watched ROH tv since the POP days. Thought it sucked to be honest. They have some good talent. Marty, Juice, Bandido, RUSH stick out the most. The tapings just so minor league and without any buzz. Part of that was probably cause they were in Florida. I don't get how Lethal is the champion. So boring. They should give the title to Marty or Juice at the MSG show. Show wasn't worth the drive and I have no desire to watch ROH again.

I opted not to go. Went to Supercard of Honor during WM weekend when they ran Lakeland and I didn't like it.

Saw some photos of last nights event and it seemed like they drew really poorly.

Iwatani captured the WOH title. They really did need to do something to strengthen their ties with Stardom and she's not a bad choice. Weird that Klein dropped it with a short reign after how heavy they've pushed her though. She had pyro and a 4 person entourage in her last WOH Wednesday match on their YouTube page. 

I was really surprised they went with Kelly Klein to win the title at Final Battle. Everything from her has looked downright bad. Maybe she can get better in time. Tenille probably gets the title eventually, especially now being part of a faction in line for a big push.

KK is signed with RoH so I think it is likely that she'll win a rematch at MSG. Yes, KK is bad and Iwatani as the champ would be cool, but she is Stardom's wrestler and RoH probably wants to have their own champ. I think it is understandable, but it is unfortunate that they couldn't find anyone else for that role.

9 minutes ago, Archibald said:

KK is signed with RoH so I think it is likely that she'll win a rematch at MSG. Yes, KK is bad and Iwatani as the champ would be cool, but she is Stardom's wrestler and RoH probably wants to have their own champ. I think it is understandable, but it is unfortunate that they couldn't find anyone else for that role.

Brother, do you have to be a downer in every thread?! ?

They have better options. Like literally anybody else on their roster. If Tenille's health concerns are out of the way for now, then she's the obvious choice and under contract (she is, isn't she?). And that would also probably be the best match they could put on as well without using another outsider.

• Like 2

I like the gatekeeper nickname lol. Conceptually KK is supposed to be what the division needs. It's like whoever books the division wanted to create this badass female ala ROH era Sara Del Rey, but they failed to realize that it all needed to translate over in the ring. I dont think she is completely horrible, but I've never bought into how she has been booked.

Maybe its because I don't watch ROH often, but Klein looked generally ok in Stardom. Iwatani winning isn't to surprising with the MSG show coming up and Stardom having a show just the day before as well. It helps give the WOH belt a little more cred and gives them a potential good match at MSG depending on who Iwatani defends against.