DVDVR Message Board

Happy Pride Sonya! - SDL - 6/5/2018

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Bryan is gonna go old school on Cass and hook him. 

When Rusev and Joe did that double team move, I was like "oh god...they would be the greatest big man team ever". A new Smackdown 6 with them, Sheamus/Cesaro and The Bludgeon Brothers would be the stuff of legend.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CSC said:

https://i.imgur.com/dFgKyLP.gifv

Sorry for the shitty gif but it's all I could find.  I think Kofi just broke the Matrix. 

edit: stupid thing won't embed. 

Well, Maffew will definitely be featuring that for the next 7 years. 

Its a shame that match won't end with Bryan destroying and humbling Cass. Cass losing, takign the loss as a teaching moment, disappearing for a few months, and coming back with new tricks would be the best story to come out of this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Enzo was right when he said they can't teach being seven feet tall, because Cass could only learn to be six foot eight.

He managed to convince his tailor at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its a shame that match won't end with Bryan destroying and humbling Cass. Cass losing, takign the loss as a teaching moment, disappearing for a few months, and coming back with new tricks would be the best story to come out of this.

It's ashame it won't end with Cass disappearing period.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Its a shame that match won't end with Bryan destroying and humbling Cass. Cass losing, taking the loss as a teaching moment, disappearing for a few months, and coming back with new tricks would be the best story to come out of this.

Many on this board would rather he set himself on fire so they can urinate on his smoldering ashes.

• Haha 1

I don't like Cass, but I don't have a strong hate for him or anything either so I'm not especially looking for him to be destroyed scorched earth style. That said every time I see him on SDL I do get disappointed thinking how much better it would have been if Corbin had stayed instead of Cass.

• Like 3

How long has it been since a Raw or Smackdown didn’t start with a promo leading to a tag match?

Every week Paige/Angle come out and tell everyone that we’re getting all these people in a match and it’s happening right away to get the you don’t have to wait for this match pop but no one cares anymore because they do this EVERY week and the matches are just the same old random baby faces tagging against heels they all have PPV matches coming up with. 

2 hours ago, Zartan said:

How long has it been since a Raw or Smackdown didn’t start with a promo leading to a tag match?

Every week Paige/Angle come out and tell everyone that we’re getting all these people in a match and it’s happening right away to get the you don’t have to wait for this match pop but no one cares anymore because they do this EVERY week and the matches are just the same old random baby faces tagging against heels they all have PPV matches coming up with. 

If that's all your sociopath, septuagenarian employer wants, that's what you do if you don't care about putting your creative ability aside for the sake of a paycheck. For some, it's probably soul crushing. With what I go through, I wouldn't be able to handle working for WWE. I probably would have cracked worse than Mauro.

2 hours ago, Zartan said:

IIRC, a few weeks ago the opening promo led to KO vs Strowman and KO vs Reigns in back-to-back weeks. 

Of course that's a big maybe on the "IIRC." It all blends together these days.

The opening promo formula is one of the many reasons I never have the patience to watch Raw live or in anything close to its entirety. 

• Like 1

Watching WWE en Espanol is so much better; the announcers say inscrutable stuff like "ARRWOOO!" and "chompa chompa". It also helps to have a replay after you made a goal to stay awake after seeing the matches lined up yet still promptly fell asleep after seeing Carmella with her melted face walk out to start the show on Tuesday. 

You still have to mute Big Edge though...

- Lana actually looked alright on offense

- Xavier looks weird with facial hair, like he's either way older or homeless. Kofi's fakeout dive was one of the funniest things ever, and yes we need more Rusev/Joe.

- Is the Asuka Lock technically a Tazmission?