DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of roster notes from the new WON

- Eli Drake's contact expired (or is about to expire). He hasn't signed a new deal yet but that doesn't mean he won't. Apparently he is trying to decide if he wants to explore his other opportunities first.

- I can't remember if we knew this or not but Joe Hendry will work at least two days of this weekends tapings.

And apparently they are going to be taping more frequently now. They are only taping 4 weeks this weekend and it appears they will tape a month at a time (instead of 6 weeks at a time)

• Thanks 1

I will let @DreamBroken do the spoiler posts since he is much better about sorting out what is gonna air when but I will say that reading the Day 1 stuff and it is encouraging that it seems like they are continuing the string of booking "normal" wrestling shows.

More what I mean by that is at least there seems to be no moments that make you roll your eyes and go "What the fuck TNA?"

I mean they are still using a bunch of folks I don't like but that is a personal preference thing

• Like 1

I just love the idea that a UFC fighter won a fight after hitting a shoot Canadian Destroyer so I no longer have to listen to people piss and moan how fake and terrible the move is. Now we just need a UFC fight to end via the Lethal Injection.

14 hours ago, sabremike said:

I just love the idea that a UFC fighter won a fight after hitting a shoot Canadian Destroyer so I no longer have to listen to people piss and moan how fake and terrible the move is. Now we just need a UFC fight to end via the Lethal Injection.

That was nothing remotely resembling a Canadian Destroyer. Come on now. He knocked himself out with the slam, that's it.

• Like 1

Impact announced TV tapings at the Rebel Complex in Toronto on 8/12 and 8/13

It is the same building they are running Slammiversary in

Got Slammiversary tickets.  Before I check with Impact themselves, does anyone have any idea how I can expect to receive the tickets?  E-mail, regular mail, or pick up at the show?  I didn't see any option for delivery when I ordered.

1 minute ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Got Slammiversary tickets.  Before I check with Impact themselves, does anyone have any idea how I can expect to receive the tickets?  E-mail, regular mail, or pick up at the show?  I didn't see any option for delivery when I ordered.

In a large box packed with gum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Can you just do that if you're a wrestler? Why didn't he merge every title so he's only got one championship to carry around? Enquiring minds need to know

Given the amount of paperwork Dean Ambrose established it took for a title defense, I can’t imagine what paperwork is required to merge titles.  Although perhaps now that Impact is a Canadian indy, there’s less bureaucracy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Can you just do that if you're a wrestler? Why didn't he merge every title so he's only got one championship to carry around? Enquiring minds need to know

Aries can because he's The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. Other wrestlers cannot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Given the amount of paperwork Dean Ambrose established it took for a title defense, I can’t imagine what paperwork is required to merge titles.  Although perhaps now that Impact is a Canadian indy, there’s less bureaucracy.

There's no time for paperwork when you're mastering titties.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Although perhaps now that Impact is a Canadian indy, there’s less bureaucracy.

As a Canadian who tried to help his mom get EI last year after she'd had surgery I can unequivocally that this is not true.