DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

I just caught the first episode of a show called "Neverland" that's a wild take on Peter Pan. I know the whole "serious adult version of fairy tales" thing is played out and is often awful, but this pretty fucking cool and fun.

Is this the two part British series from a couple of years ago?  If so, I thought it was pretty damn good myself, and felt like a spiritual prequel to Hook in alot of ways.

Yeah that's it. Found it on netflix and was hoping it was a series.

Just a two-parter, sadly, but still worth your time.  Definitely open to continue if they ever chose to.

It's not the sort of show that's going to generate enough discussion to warrant it's own thread, I don't think, but MASTERS OF SEX has turned out to be an outstanding show. It's mostly really fun and funny, but when it hits, it hits hard. Not sure how true to life it is, but Bill Masters is a piece of work.

Me and the wife (who usually do not watch serial killer stuff) just finished Wire in the Blood. We loved every episode except for a couple (the one set in Texas and the sniper one with the cop-out conclusion).

What other similar shows (American, British or wherever) would you guys recommend? 

All this talk of Saved by the Bell: The New Class has reminded me of Bianca Lawson, who was in the show during 1993. She then continued playing a high schooler when she played Kendra in Buffy. She then played a high schooler during the first season of Pretty Little Liars. This woman has not aged from 1993 to 2011. It's insane. She has to be in her mid thirties by now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0493161/

And yeah, she looks basically the same. Uncanny.

While never improving as an actor. She was never even the best teen cast member on New Class. 

Also I'm not saying the day College Years was cancelled is the worst day of my life. But I guess I am. 

To re-visit this.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Is anybody here looking forward to Almost Human. The trailers make it seem like Karl Urban is playing Judge Dredd again(without a helment), but this time teamed up with an android who has feelings, instead of a female Judge with feelings.

Still watching season 7 of Dexter very slowly. Up to episode five now but in Episode three they kill off ANOTHER character the intern in some random fucking moment. They spent the better half of a season and a half building him up as atleast some sort of threat for Dexter. Then in the course of a half of episode Dexter makes him lose his job, makes him lose his girlfriend and then he gets shot in the face as an after thought. If anything to me geeky tech nerd intern who clearly has issues of his own is a better foil for Dexter than the Russian Mafia. Its just stupid how this show is so inconsistent I feel like I'm watching the WWE. We get these guys built up and then randomly killed off without any real payoff. This isn't game of thrones shit here its just senseless bullshit. That on top of this Dexter and Deb thing is so fucking dumb and they blew their load with her finding out WAY too early and now its just became stupid. I'm trying to finish the series even though I heard it ends badly but its shocking how badly this show fell off between seasons four and five I'd say. 

Does anyone here watch @Midnight on Comedy Central? The concept of the show isn't anything special, but at least it's a chance to see some comedians who aren't on TV a lot.

I thought it was pretty entertaing so far.

Does anyone here watch @Midnight on Comedy Central? The concept of the show isn't anything special, but at least it's a chance to see some comedians who aren't on TV a lot.

I thought it was pretty entertaing so far.

I've liked it so far.  Kyle Kinane killed it when he was on.  He's a guy I'm slowly come across on various podcasts.  He was really funny on competitive erotic fanfiction writing a story about the Hamburgler and Mayor McCheese.

I binged watched the entire season of Orange is the New Black, and it started off strong, a lot like Weeds did. I like that it has a lot of the same cast as Weeds, too. Taylor Schilling's facials are terrific. Really good show, I just hope it doesn't overstay it's welcome, but a part of me thinks Weeds probably had a lot to do with Showtime.

I'm starting House of Cards right now.

ALERT:

ALERT:

ESPN CLASSIC is now running a marathon of BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS!!!

Gordon Jump is going to stomp the living shit out of Byron Allen!!!!

Jill Whelan is going to fucking murder Heather Locklear and Vicki Lawrence!!!!!

It is time for Bill Shatner and Bill Devane to END THE BEEF!!!!!

This shit is all night and I am going to into Xanadu mode!!!!!

• Like 1

Heather Locklear was frighteningly thin in 1983.

THe following just tok place between Donna Mills and Edward Albert, whoa apparently had twisted his knee in a trial run on the obstacle course:

Note: This interview occurred after Mr. T got him pumped up.

Donna Mills: Edward, I can't believe you're still running in this.  Why are you doing this?

Edward Albert: For the glory of THE YELLOW ROSE (the Flo spinoff from Alice, Yep.)

Donna Mills: That's incredible! Listen, Please be careful!  Please don't hurt yourself anymore!

Edward Albert: I wouldn't dream of it, dear.

Donna Mills: You're a tremendous competitor, you really are

Edward Albert: Thank you, you're a hell of a woman (pats her on the ass).

Dude, I just realized I've never in my life organically uttered the words "You're a hell of a woman."  I feel...lost.

Mr. T is in the tandem bike race with that one girl who was always helping THE A-TEAM.  Everyone remembers her, right?  She was like fifth A-Team-member.

He's doing really badly against Chad Everett.  He's having trouble with the pedal coordination.  He's down!

Right now NBC is a distant last.  Cue Alec Baldwin punchline.

Shari Belafonte-Harper, do you have an overall strategy for this tug-o-war?

"Kill."

Howard Cosell: "There seems to be a lot of humor out there.  But not anymore.  That ends now.  Tension as we prepare for the most punishing event of them all.  Trembling fingers approach the torturous sinews of the unforgiving rope.  William Shatner is fixated on the water in the middle of the ring.  His eyes, a roadmap of the human psyche, from anxiety to ecstasy the passageway is pain and struggle.  I give you...The Tug-O-War!"

This is biblical.

• Like 4