DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Anyone watched Dracula?  Thoughts?  I watched the pilot and liked it a lot.  I'm kinda hoping to get caught up on eps 2 and 3 this weekend.

For that matter, is Grimm worth a look?  I remember watching the pilot and not getting into it at all.  I kinda assumed it would be a quick cancellation.  Don't think I've caught even a couple minutes since episode 2 or 3.

Really beginning to like the Crazy Ones after a rocky start.  Probably the only new sitcom I'll stick with.  The Michael J Fox Show isn't doing anything for me and the rest of the new sitcoms strike me as either being bad (Sean Saves the World) or really repellant (Mom, The Millers).

So I've decided to rematch The Wonder Years (hooray unemployment). I think the biggest thing for me is that I really only remember bits and pieces here and there considering the show started when I was 3 and ended when I was 8. Also, holy CRAP did Boy Meets World steal shit from this show outright. It's incredible.

Still, great show. Awesome acting. Dan Lauria is still one of my all-time favorite TV dads.

I have been so busy at work and collapsing into gaming when I got home that I totally missed the first eps of The Tomorrow People on the CW.  Is it any good?

Hopefully I won't sleep on the first eps of Almost Human with Karl Urban and Mike Ealy.

Ground Floor: The premise had me midly intrigued, and I see brief flashes of genius via McGinley. But everything else is pretty terrible.

I'm all for elevating the class consciousness of the proletariat, but not sure if a TBS sitcom revisiting the tried-and-true schtick of sacktaps is the proper vehicle to explore the materialist conception of history in pop culture. Also: no straight guy would contemplate rejecting a hot girl because she's poor.

Ugh. Lady Gaga.

I was real sad to see she's starring in the next Muppet Movie. But then, Tom Hiddleston is also starring in it. Hiddleston might just be cool enough to offset my hatred of all things Lady Gaga.

My friend lent me The Big Bang Theory (the complete first season) DVD and I finished it last week. I enjoyed it. Since then, I’ve watched the episodes shown on TV and looking at Wikipedia, they have come from most of season three and some from season four/season five. Last night was the 100th episode. The problem with the jump between watching season one and season three/four/five on TV is missing out on previous developments in the show. I like this show, might be tempted to purchase (or get it with Christmas upon us!) the complete box set collecting season one-six. Dr. Sheldon Cooper is a great character. What do you think about The Big Bang Theory?

• Like 1

I enjoy it. They've had some really funny episodes. My favorite is one from last season where they play D&D and Walowitz is the dungeon master. Every character he introduces, he does so with a celebrity impression. The Leonard/Penny stuff gets tiresome from time to time though.