DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 友達の祭典 - 2/13/17

Niners Fan in CT

Sources tell us Emmalina was intended to be a throwback to characters like Sable and The Kat — however, delays were caused after officials felt like she wasn’t committing enough to the role and ultimately they decided to just let Emma be evil again.

Evil averted...for now. Thank you, Emma! If she sabotaged this shit on purpose, I nominate her for a bye in the first round of March Madness. I mean to do this with her of all people.

We’re told producers are still big fans of the character’s concept though — which is why they held hope it would work out — so it’s always possible that they’ll hold onto it for another female in the future.

Goddamn this fucking company. We must be ever vigilante. #Resist.

Between the backstage segment and the pre-match promo, it felt like they were trying to turn Enzo/Cass heel. Obviously they weren't, but their act already walks a fine line with Enzo talking shit he can't back up and it's tough to get too much of a face reaction against Cesaro as is. Enzo's reaction to his botch of the year candidate was pretty heelish too, like what you see those shit-tier indy heels on botchamania do when the crowd starts shitting on them.

6 hours ago, Cameron Swift said:

If we're piling on Enzo in this thread, I'm surprised nobody mentioned his awful promo before the match. Usually, there's at least one line that'll get a pop, but yesterday was totally flat.

It was scripted horribly. The kind of promo designed to die a death live. 

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

What were Kat and Sable's characters? Showing titties off? So, an exhibitionist? I'm so confused!

Yea, that's what I was wondering because, in a company where even your division "monster" gets glammed up photo shoots like the rest of the women, everyone is pretty much considered "sexy" anyway. So, I'm thinking that the Emmalina character was going to be a little risque which I'm not sure how they were going to pull off in today's environment. 

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Which is surprising, since, doesn't he always write his own dialogue? Maybe he's out of ideas, face-wise?

Or he took really, REALLY bad advice from someone in the back.

Watching Festival of Friendship back:

Both times, genuinely sad by the beeakup. Wrestling and emotions. Feel it in, man.

The camera work: Jericho asks "Why is my name on there?", we see the list has the List of KO as Jericho lifts it up. The camera then cuts to the stare of Owens as he drops the mic and his WWE Universal Championship to attack Y2J.

Corey Graves reaction against Kevin Owens' actions.

Owens making his exit knocking the sculpture over dismissively as the final insult.

Excellent segment/angle.

• Like 3

A "starlet"-type female wrestler who can really go would be a fun gimmick. Have her talk crap to the other women about how all this women's revolution and "we're real wrestlers" stuff is just to hide the fact they're homely (which of course they're not, that's the joke). Gotta be able to bring it like the rest of the division, though.

3 hours ago, Victator said:

So how was Emmalina suppose to be like Sable. Is it what Vince saw with his Sable beer goggles?

Seeing the world through Vince's eyes, as if he were John Malkovich would be scary as fuck. I'd prefer being spit out around exit 9 on the New Jersey turnpike.

• Like 10

On 2/15/2017 at 4:18 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Seeing the world through Vince's eyes, as if he were John Malkovich would be scary as fuck. I'd prefer being spit out around exit 9 on the New Jersey turnpike.

Cornette tells a story about Vince having this weird obsession with seeing Sable in "white, cotton panties." I imagine this as some Citizen Kane type shit where, in a coke-and-steroid-fueled life of screwing people over, a simple undergarment reminds him of innocence lost. 

• Like 3