DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

I can't for the life of me fathom who in the fuck thought that would be a good idea. Nobody told those people that a September 11th sale was a stupid thing to do? Short of a sale in rememberence of the Holocaust I can't think of a more stupid idea. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2016 at 11:04 PM, Kuetsar said:

Found this from a yahoo link. . . . 

There's annoying commercials, and then there's "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" commercials.  This is one of them.  But due to that it led to them closing up shop, so there you go.

• Like 2

That shit was the tits.  Saw it last night during the Giants / Cowboys game.

Is that Ron Riggle as the new Colonel Sanders in that shitty Kentucky Buckets commercial? 

I thought it was CBS was poking fun at KFC until they showed a sale price for the meal they were advertising.

I never check this thread anymore but I just want to vent. The Truth.com people need to go get fucked forever and a day over and over and over again. As if their commercials usually aren't awful as it is, I'm now literally muting the television each time the new one with yet another shitty womp-womp song and the millenials badly rapping comes on. Seriously, making shit this irritating should be a hanging offense. Or maybe the makers should be forced to smoke?

• Like 4

Just now, jstout said:

What blows my mind is that Gatorade is making a reference to a song that came out in 1937 to sell their HFCS water to today's kids. You'd think they could be a little more modern and a lot less forced.

NONE OF THOSE WORDS IN THIER VERISION EVEN SOUDN THE sAME!!!!!!

• Like 1

On September 20, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I never check this thread anymore but I just want to vent. The Truth.com people need to go get fucked forever and a day over and over and over again. As if their commercials usually aren't awful as it is, I'm now literally muting the television each time the new one with yet another shitty womp-womp song and the millenials badly rapping comes on. Seriously, making shit this irritating should be a hanging offense. Or maybe the makers should be forced to smoke?

They taught me that teenagers lose 10k income a year which they say is 20% of their income so I guess minimum wage works out to 50 grand a year? 

Also it kills cats. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zartan said:

They taught me that teenagers lose 10k income a year which they say is 20% of their income so I guess minimum wage works out to 50 grand a year? 

Well that does nothing to allay my suspicions that the creative forces behind Truth.com come from limousine liberal stock...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Never heard of that, and I'm in Minnesota, where there is a big German lineage in many families (myself included).  Looks pretty good, kinda like pirogis.  Certainly more appetizing than the traditional stuff from the Norwegian side like (ack) lutefisk and pickled herring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Koch said:

Never heard of that, and I'm in Minnesota, where there is a big German lineage in many families (myself included).  Looks pretty good, kinda like pirogis.  Certainly more appetizing than the traditional stuff from the Norwegian side like (ack) lutefisk and pickled herring.

That's what I thought. It's mostly a Swabian thing (southwestern Germany), so that could explain why it didn't swap over to the American places with German lineages.

It's basically just some pasta filled with meat. You can either put them in soup or fry them in a pan. Never heard of anyone putting them on pizza, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy shit.  TurboTax's new Humpty Dumpty marketing campaign is killing it!

The window washer guy that turns around and looks at Humpty like Humpty just grew a Hitler moustache on his face at the very thought of legal action against Digital Underground makes the spot.

I love the professionalism of Tax Bot as she advises that Humpty can indeed write off the legal fees even though she obviously is not down with Humpty filing a law suit against Shock G's alter ego.

• Like 3