DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Still haven't seen the original films. I watched Stand Alone Complex, its film, & the Arise ovas. I'm going in mildly optimistic.

My advice would be to order pizza, get some beers, and invite some friends over to your house to binge watch the Laughing Man episodes of SAC.

Either that or spare yourself the agony and just search for the Birth of a Cyborg opening credits on YouTube.

GiTS is becoming the Full Metal Jacket of my animated film collection where i just watch the first forty minutes or so and turn it off because I've just seen the best part.

Add Vince Vaughn to the list of people signed up for the Rock's movie about Paige's family - based on the 2012 documentary "Fighting with my Family"

Lena Headey from GOT has been cast as Saraya Knight and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) will be playing her dad.

Paige herself will be played by Florence Pugh.

About Vaughn's character - Rock said this

He's playing a man who I know all too well and those of you who follow wrestling history know well too.

The 80's wrestling star who squandered his money and opportunities because he didn't have the capacity to handle his fame. One bad decision after another, but these days he owns his past actions and does everything he can to give back to the wrestling business he loves.

Vince has been a buddy of mine for years and I'm fired up to see what he brings to this role.

It's already filming - Meltzer noted how Tessa Blanchard is already off indy dates because she is already filming stuff for it (unclear if she actually has a part or if she is a wrestling stand in)

4 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

He's playing a man who I know all too well and those of you who follow wrestling history know well too.

The 80's wrestling star who squandered his money and opportunities because he didn't have the capacity to handle his fame. One bad decision after another, but these days he owns his past actions and does everything he can to give back to the wrestling business he loves.

Oh for fuck's sake, that could be anybody

• Like 1

I don't think Rock's statement is about any one particular person when he says "He's playing a man who I know all too well and those of you who follow wrestling history know well too". I think he's talking about somebody in the more abstract sense, y'know? You're right, it COULD be anybody, and that's the point. It's more of an archetype or amalgamation of any number of "those types of guys" rather than "He's playing Roddy Piper" or whoever.

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

In that case someone needs to clue us in on what connection Jake had to Paige's family and how the hell Vince Vaughn is gonna pull of a credible Jake the Snake impression. 

Methinks this is gonna be a real hot mess of a film that we will all probably like anyway

Jake lived in the UK for a few years in the early 2000's and competed a lot in the promotion the Knight family owned

Steve McQueen is writing and directing a movie adpatation of the British 80s show Widows (Technically he is co-writing with Gillian Flynn)

It is set to star Michelle Rodriguez and Viola Davis among others

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Steve McQueen is writing and directing a movie adpatation of the British 80s show Widows (Technically he is co-writing with Gillian Flynn)

It is set to star Michelle Rodriguez and Viola Davis among others

I always see the name and picture Bullitt and get very confused. 

• Like 1

Mine looks like it would have been a great movie if it was just Armie Hammer stuck on that mine, like 127 Hours. Instead they had to shit it all up with action bullshit and Murica bullshit.

I hope there's a twist at the end, where Louis Gossett Jr. from Enemy Mine shows up. If you're going to go wacky, go really fucking wacky.

Unlocked looks like it will be mindless action fun.  I love Noomi Rapace but Holy Fuck, akimbo wielding flash suppressed pistols only gets you two empty weapons for the price of one when your ammo count is black and you can only reload one gun at a time.

The practice is only acceptable if it is Ghost Dog doing the killing because Ghost Dog does not miss.

Shane Black tweeted that the new Predator movie - The Predator has started shooting and that it will be R rated

Black says that it will be "in continuity of the first two movies" so it isn't a full reboot

so, it is now late February, and this movie is getting ready for release in Russia. This needs a US release date, and fast. i can. not. wait. for this film. i'd prefer theatrical, but at this point i'd take a straight-to-video blu ray release.

Another King Arthur: Legend of the Sword trailer

My wife just said "Maybe if you turn off your brain and imagine it is some random knight somewhere else it won't be so bad"

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Shane Black tweeted that the new Predator movie - The Predator has started shooting and that it will be R rated.

So this is not a biography on the splendid life and career of Sylvester Terkey?