DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 2

RIPPA

BTW - Chad Henne is officially starting this week for the Jags

If you have to adjust your fantasy lineup accordingly based on this news - I feel bad for your fantasy team

If you have to adjust your fantasy lineup accordingly based on this news - I feel bad for your fantasy team

Henne is no great shakes, but he has the capability to at least move that offense towards the end zone.  The Jags are still a bad team, but they are slightly less bad with Henne at the helm.

I still think the Pats can beat the J-E-T-S, injuries and depth concerns be damned.  No better time than the present for Ridley to bounce back from his fumble issues.  

And that makes it SO much more tempting to take Oakland and use New England later in the season. 

The Pats barely held on against EJ Manuel.

Geno > EJ.

Rippa is clearly trying to thin out the field early. The obvious gimme pick is taking the Bengals over the absolutely clueless Steelers.

EJ is the real deal, and Geno? Jury is still out on him, watch the Pats carv up the jets, something like 35-3. . .

I just can't wait to watch the Bills hold Cam to less than 150 yards passing but let him run for 200 and the game-winning TD after Marone refuses to milk the clock because he's a stubborn idiot who didn't learn anything from Sunday.

Henne is no great shakes, but he has the capability to at least move that offense towards the end zone.  The Jags are still a bad team, but they are slightly less bad with Henne at the helm.

Actually, sadly, this is untrue. Henne's numbers are worse than Gabbert's. The Jags are just waiting for the 2014 draft and hoping Bridgewater doesn't get seriously injured

Jay Glazer@JayGlazer22m

Sources tell me NFL is considering a whopping $100,000 fine for Lions' Suh for hit this weekend

Confirmed, $100k for Suh.

I'm a Lions fan and even I think he should have been suspended.

I don't know.  They're starting to go down a slippery slope for hitting.  Can't hit high--concussion.  Can't hit low--blow out a knee.  It doesn't matter if the hit player moved in such a way as to where specific contact couldn't have been avoided. Suh's past did him in here, but in isolation--I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.

I don't know.  They're starting to go down a slippery slope for hitting.  Can't hit high--concussion.  Can't hit low--blow out a knee.  

Next it'll be broken ribs. And then football will be played in these:

Posted Image

Low hits were *never* tolerated though. In the days before people took concussions seriously players considered hitting low the dirtiest thing you could do because in the days before guys like AP making a joke out of it, knee surgery used to scare guys that their career could be over. It wasn't until they started protecting the head too that suddenly guys started complaining their target area was getting too small. Players would threaten to curb stomp you in the 70's for going low at a guy's knee.

Vereen's out and Amendola's almost certainly out of the game with the Jets.  Ridley will surely get a chance of fumbledemption and at wideout will be the tea-lady opposite of Edelman.  As impressed as I was with Thompkins during the preseason, he didn't have as good a grasp of the gameday office as Sir Tom would have liked.  We still have Deion Branch on speed dial?  The 85 jersey has become a poisoned chalice :(