DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 2

RIPPA

If it comes down to a question of whether Clyde Gates caught the ball or didn't catch the ball, assume he didn't. And he didn't.

Seeing as how most catches in the NFL are no longer officially ruled complete until the sun comes up the next morning, I'm surprised anybody completes more than a handful of passes nowadays.

If it comes down to a question of whether Clyde Gates caught the ball or didn't catch the ball, assume he didn't. And he didn't.

Seeing as how most catches in the NFL are no longer officially ruled complete until the sun comes up the next morning, I'm surprised anybody completes more than a handful of passes nowadays.
Also, and more importantly, Clyde Gates is hot garbage.

Lord am I getting tired of the announcers slobbering all over Edelman for these 5 yard catches he's making.

This is also why I kind of hate fantasy football, it artificially inflates the value of a player's worth, due to either making one big catch (after dropping 3 or 4 earlier) or lots of shitty checkdown catches like Edelman. I'm not playing against him, but Edleman currently has 20 points in one of my leagues. At first glance it's like "Alright, 20 points!" until you realize how pathetically low that is when you factor in the 13 catches.

Lord am I getting tired of the announcers slobbering all over Edelman for these 5 yard catches he's making.

This is also why I kind of hate fantasy football, it artificially inflates the value of a player's worth, due to either making one big catch (after dropping 3 or 4 earlier) or lots of shitty checkdown catches like Edelman. I'm not playing against him, but Edleman currently has 20 points in one of my leagues. At first glance it's like "Alright, 20 points!" until you realize how pathetically low that is when you factor in the 13 catches.

I had Rodgers last season and he threw like 400 yards, 2 tds. Romo threw for less, had 2 tds and 2 picks. They had roughly the same number of points. That was when I realised the scoring is done by idiots and never to take it seriously.