DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Cesaro Being A Moron

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

When he points to the Mania sign he should say "Let mine Bildungsroman begin!"

They should go all the way with it and give Finn a Thursday Next gimmick where when he's not wrestling, he's in Swindon solving literary crimes and traveling through the Bookworld. 

"Finn Balor! Seth Rollins! in a WELL OF LOST PLOTS MATCH" sounds like a sure five snowflakes to me. 

1 hour ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

How great has Jericho been lately?  He's developed like 5 new funny things just this year for his heel persona.

He really has turned it up since that silly Ambrose feud ended. His gimmick where he blatantly lies about something then acts shocked when he gets called out is hilarious.

• Like 1

I've fucking hated Jericho's comeback since he seems to be going over people he has no business going over at this stage, but the tweaks to his gimmick and him showing a bit of proverbial ass have made him far more entertaining.  I'm sure we'll get some great moments in the team with Owens.

2 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Hopefully JeriKO sticks together for a bit until Jericho's next Fozzy tour and Jericho double crosses Owens who absolutely murders him to send him on his way.

Hopefully they stick together long enough that people can actually buy their t-shirts

• Like 2

Cesaro/Sheamus ruled and the impromptu main event was a different way of doing things, liked how into it the crowd got by the end. Felt like they were dying after the Rusev/Reigns seg and the next 3 short matches but nice pops for Cesaro's near falls. Hope another Cesaro/Sheamus match is added for SummerSlam which is already a solid stacked card. Loved the Balor promo, great stuff there and a solid way of building the feud with Rollins without them interacting this week. Also great was the Lesnar/Orton promo video, always my favorite use of Brock when he actually talks in these type promos.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well the last time Drew Hankinson was in a WWE ring, he was Festus the backwoods retard wrestling savant.  I like Dr. Luke Gallows being able to read and write and speak with clarity.  The skit itself was somewhat dry but at least it didn't present The Club as mindless idiots.

He was never a Doctor. DOC is an acronym* for Director of Chaos (although Chaos by it's very nature has no direction and all directions at the same time, and can therefore not be directed).

* Always wanted to come up with a fictional evil organisation called ACRONYM. But the best I could come up with was something like Allied Cartels of Rebellion, Obstinacy, Negation, Yndecency and Murder.

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

* Always wanted to come up with a fictional evil organisation called ACRONYM. But the best I could come up with was something like Allied Cartels of Rebellion, Obstinacy, Negation, Yndecency and Murder.

Well, I know what I'm working on tomorrow...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AxB said:

He was never a Doctor. DOC is an acronym* for Director of Chaos (although Chaos by it's very nature has no direction and all directions at the same time, and can therefore not be directed).

I have feeling something like that has been done, in some parody. (Racks brain)

Lana really is the best. I really hope they don't have Reigns win the title just so he can be Lex Luger all of a sudden. You know they probably have Roman Empire stars and stripes merchandise printed up all ready.

I loved the staredown and Bryan and Rusev though. I thought we'd get a line from Bryan like "I might be retired, but that doesn't mean I can't kick your ass". But the last thing they'd want is for him to be still be way over like that.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Did you even watch the ringpostitis sketch on RAW where Karl and Luke were dressed up as MDs and referred to each other as (fake) Doctor?

I know people come out of the woodwork to correct people, but at least correct people about shit that is wrong.

5 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Lana really is the best. I really hope they don't have Reigns win the title just so he can be Lex Luger all of a sudden. You know they probably have Roman Empire stars and stripes merchandise printed up all ready.

I loved the staredown and Bryan and Rusev though. I thought we'd get a line from Bryan like "I might be retired, but that doesn't mean I can't kick your ass". But the last thing they'd want is for him to be still be way over like that.

The last thing we need is another authority figure getting over at the expense of the wrestlers.  Bryan can't wrestle anymore, no need to tease a match that will never happen.

• Like 1

What I wouldn't mind is Bryan choosing someone (say Sami) to represent him and being in his corner for that sort of a match. Why they haven't tried to use Bryan to give Sami some momentum is beyond me. There's enough overlap but Sami's charismatic enough to use it as wind in his sails and not get swept under by it.

6 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Luckily, they've seemed to avoid that so far.  Reigns isn't all Chevrolet and apple pie about the match--he's just looking to win a title.  That's all we need here.

I'd be more concerned that Vince is back on the Americanization of Lana bandwagon and is looking to write a Rusev/Lana/Roman love triangle. 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

What I wouldn't mind is Bryan choosing someone (say Sami) to represent him and being in his corner for that sort of a match. Why they haven't tried to use Bryan to give Sami some momentum is beyond me. There's enough overlap but Sami's charismatic enough to use it as wind in his sails and not get swept under by it.

Why wouldn't Bryan choose someone on his own brand?

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Did you even watch the ringpostitis sketch on RAW where Karl and Luke were dressed up as MDs and referred to each other as (fake) Doctor?

I know people come out of the woodwork to correct people, but at least correct people about shit that is wrong.

Didn't see it. Haven't got Sky Sports, and RAW doesn't air on a channel I do have until Saturday morning. Cut down to one hour (42 minutes of show & 18 minutes of commercials).

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why wouldn't Bryan choose someone on his own brand?

In the long term, that'd make sense. In the short term, I think they were going out of their way to apologize for the brands getting mucked up. Plus Sami's the best natural fit with Cesaro (he already said he was underutilized or whatever). It's not my fault they were morons about who got drafted where.

I'd love to know who the moron is who thought Sami and Cesaro should be on Raw.  Sami especially as the spiritual successor to Daniel would have been fantastic.  But as it is Cesaro's doing whatever and Sami is already lost in the shuffle.  Yes, he had the Rollins match last week but now what?  Wait for Finn to win the title so he goes after that?  Not the worst thing in the world but there's better options on SD for Sami.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2016 at 10:13 AM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Luckily, they've seemed to avoid that so far.  Reigns isn't all Chevrolet and apple pie about the match--he's just looking to win a title.  That's all we need here.

I'd be more concerned that Vince is back on the Americanization of Lana bandwagon and is looking to write a Rusev/Lana/Roman love triangle. 

My concern is Roman and Dolph win their title matches and Lana leaves Rusev and hooks back up with Dolph since he's a champion and Rusev is not. Make Lana to be the modern day Sunny