DVDVR Message Board

IT'S STILL THE NFL PRESEASON

Gonzo

I mean you'd think at least at some point the owners would be motivated enough to protect their own investment in their own roster and get rid of preseason games just so fewer guys due to get millions would get their knees eaten by the furies.

Does it actually have to literally be Tom Brady's knees (career-ending at this point you'd think) before Robert Kraft will finally tell the other influential owners and/or his houseboy Goodell to Make It So?

[lol of course not, there my rube-ass goes making that dumb mark mistake of thinking winning on the field matters to them.  Their wins come when the checks from FOX and Coors Lite and Draft Kings clear.  Duh.]

I still think 'getting rid of preseason' isn't really necessary, the coaches don't have to start their first string players. Just have second, third, and fourth string play the games, the ones that are legitimately fighting for jobs. And this injury would happen regardless, injuries take place during offseason no-contact drills, you have to have the team ready for Week 1.

But I agree that an 18 week season is a bad idea and should never happen.

Not all players need actual preseason games, it would be up to the coaches to determine which ones did and start them based off practices. I am just saying that most veteran RBs don't need to play in preseason games nor do most veteran QBs, unless they have a new offensive coordinator or a bunch of new WRs. Most stuff can be worked out in practices and scrimmages for veterans, its the young players and players on a new team that I think benefit the most from preseason games. I can see knocking it down to two but either way I wouldn't be thrilled about an 18 game season, 16 is enough.

the #VeteransForKaepernick hashtag is amazing. Actual military service men and women in support of Kaepernick and yes most of them are pissed bout the media 1. turning this subject into "what about the troops"  and 2. speaking as if they know anything about how actual troops feel.

Also, @Tabe you're right that Kaepernick didn't finish '14 strong but you aren't acknowledging that Gabbert has been terrible since the first time he stepped on an NFL field.

They sure guessed right the last time they held the top overall pick; Aaron Rodgers or some generic starting QB motherfucker who's allergic to completing passes for actual first downs during the final 50 minutes of Conference Title games. Most other times, he just doesn't like throwing the ball down the field too far. What could possibly go wrong for them this time? I'm so sick of hearing about tank for fill in the blank that I wish the NFL would do something preposterous like force the worst two teams each season to play an additional game for the rights to the top overall pick.

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Carroll said in a follow up tweet that it is extremely rare in non-contact. In fact the injury itself is extremely rare WITH contact.

A couple years ago, UFC fighter Julianna Pena had the unhappy triad, tore her PCL, hamstring, LCL, and dislocated her knee when her 135 pound training partner jumped on her back and fell down to the ground with her. That was with contact and I'm having a hard time imagining how the fuck that could happen. Hell, there was this whole big blowup for about three weeks on whether or not she was assaulted in the gym.

Bridgewater took a certain amount of steps, and his leg just said "fuck it" without anyone touching him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

the #VeteransForKaepernick hashtag is amazing. Actual military service men and women in support of Kaepernick and yes most of them are pissed bout the media 1. turning this subject into "what about the troops"  and 2. speaking as if they know anything about how actual troops feel.

Also, @Tabe you're right that Kaepernick didn't finish '14 strong but you aren't acknowledging that Gabbert has been terrible since the first time he stepped on an NFL field.

That's because I don't care about Gabbert, merely addressing stuff you'd said about Kaep specifically. 

1 hour ago, elizium said:

How does that even happen on a non-contact injury? His leg basically exploded.

You, and I, and everyone, knows the answer begins with "Ste-" and ends with "-roids".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Since you like going off topic can you explain the reason why Kaep wore a shirt with Castro on it while talking about racial injustice?  

It looks like he put as much time into reading defenses as he did his choice of t-shirts.

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You, and I, and everyone, knows the answer begins with "Ste-" and ends with "-roids".

Yeah, we have to be careful about using the word explode because Jesse Ventura might try to check Teddy's leg for super thermite.

WE WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

#InfoWars

29 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Since you like going off topic can you explain the reason why Kaep wore a shirt with Castro on it while talking about racial injustice?  

AW SHIT, WE BOUT TO GET INTO GEOPOLITICAL HOT TAKES!

(For RIPPA's sanity, I will keep myself out of this....for now.)

• Like 1