DVDVR Message Board

IT'S STILL THE NFL PRESEASON

Gonzo

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Why would anyone trade a first round pick for Sam Bradford?  I swear Sam Bradford makes Matt Flynn look like a welfare case.  He's never been good, he's constantly injured, and people love giving him money.

Because their quarterback depth chart currently reads

-Guy old enough to have played in NFL Europe (Shaun Hill)

-Guy that got his ass kicked by his friend's apartment door (Taylor Heinicke)

-Guy that is Joel Stave (Joel Stave)

Just saw the news on the ESPN ticker and am flabbergasted. I don't care how rotten the Vikes QB depth chart is, on what planet is Sam Bradford worth a 1st rounder? Using baseball terminology, he's a replacement level QB (if even). Talk about a panicked overpay.

In isolation it's a high price.

A week from the start of the season when you need someone half decent and your starting QB's leg has exploded then no one is going to give you one for free.  You pay what you've got to pay in that situation or write off the season that hasn't even started.

• Like 4

I literally can't believe that happened.

Like, that's a move you make when you think you are a serious Superbowl contender, and even then you don't make it fit Sam fucking Bradford. I'm at a loss. I'm not even convinced he's better than what's left of Shaun Hill. I keep expecting a retraction.

Everything I've heard is that even if Bridgewater recovers, no one knows if he'll be anywhere close to the same player he was before the injury, so wouldn't it more sense to tank this season, get the number one overall draft pick, and then go to the playoffs next year with Deshaun Watson as your starting QB?

39 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

To the surprise of absolutely no one... The Broncos release the Sanchize... And now the Cowboys are going to jump on that grenade.

Vikings should have waited a bit. Im not sure that Bradford is THAT much better than Sanchez.. . . . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Vikings should have waited a bit. Im not sure that Bradford is THAT much better than Sanchez.. . . . 

Probably not, but (a) Bradford still has the cachet of being an overall #1 draft pick and (b) people still remember the Butt Fumble.

Currently the Packers have no Long snapper on the roster but the Vikings traded a 1st round draft pick for Bradford so it's a great day.

We will see if Bradford brittle ass can even make it to the Jags game in December. So I can his Mr Glass self play live.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

In isolation it's a high price.

A week from the start of the season when you need someone half decent and your starting QB's leg has exploded then no one is going to give you one for free.  You pay what you've got to pay in that situation or write off the season that hasn't even started.

They weren't a contender with Teddy Bridgewater.  Most likely going to be terrible with Bradford.  Their Bradford in hand is not worth the 2 draft picks in the bush. 

5 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Everything I've heard is that even if Bridgewater recovers, no one knows if he'll be anywhere close to the same player he was before the injury, so wouldn't it more sense to tank this season, get the number one overall draft pick, and then go to the playoffs next year with Deshaun Watson as your starting QB?

Anyone thinking Deshaun Watson is going to be an effective NFL QB is fooling themselves