DVDVR Message Board

The No One Has Made a RAW Thread Yet - 7/4/16

Peck

I'm glad that Gallows and Anderson got to talk and show some personality. I really like cocky, smug AJ that knows how much better in the ring he is than Cena. I would have prefered if nobody came to Cena's aid as karma for Cena never coming to someone's aid.

• Like 1

I'm a little behind on this but so far it's a really good show!  The women's segment ended awkwardly (they really need to kick off their heels before performing spots no?) but The Boss cut a pretty good ratchet laced promo on Charlotte.

Now, on to this John Cena and The Club segment.  I'm very impressed with AJ on the mic of late. When the hell did he get so fucking great?  So now not only is he the best wrestler in the world but he's also turned into a good talker.   The Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, a cuttin' and a struttin' line killed me.  Actually, Gallows and Anderson were both awesome in this too.  Then THEN fucking Enzo and Big Cass make the save. 

I'm calling it right now. If their trios at Battleground gets a good 15-20 minutes it's going to be an elite level tag. I guess that wouldn't be shocking given who is involved but I have super high hopes for it. 

This U.S.A. v. International elimination tag could be fun.

Oh, I'm loving the setup for this Wyatts and New Day deal too.

• Like 1

Just got back from Raw. Not sure how the crowd came across on TV, but they were into pretty much everything. Enzo and Cass got the biggest reaction, for sure. And Zack standing tall at the end of the show was a definite feel good moment. 

Really fun show, overall. Glad I went.

AJ is one of the best promos in the company right now, pretty amazing considering they didn't let him speak for his first month.

Happy Beating Up John Cena Day!

Loved Jericho's pep talk. "We're the International Coalition and where I'm from that means something." Loved him speaking Spanish poorly to Del Rio.

The 16 man tag was a fun pro wrestling low stakes schmozz fest.

Rusev starting a USA chant after he beat Titus was top notch. So American Father of the Year has lost in 3 attempts at the US title including on Fathers Day and Independence Day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

Just got back from Raw. Not sure how the crowd came across on TV, but they were into pretty much everything.

Its always weird to hear this because they came across as dead for much of the show.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its always weird to hear this because they came across as dead for much of the show.

Especially since Cena basically scolded them for not being in to the show.

Enjoyed the opener a lot. As down as I've been on him, Kevin Owens was absolute gold. Also, ftr, that was my standard operating procedure when a food fight would break out in high school. Throw what you got and get under the table. Also, DAMN, Maryse. Enzo was fantastic. That guy has whatever "it" is. Tons of it. Metric shit-tons of it. Those Wyatt vignettes were awesome, and I thought Rowan and Strombsong did great with their parts, too. This angle actually has me interested. Happy Beat Up John Cena Day, everyone!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

I had to watch the food fight, again. Noticed KO sitting under the table with a bag of chips, and Cesaro and Apollo arm-wrestling the entire time. Hilarious. 

You can tell who the WWE "protected" as Ambrose, Rollins, Cena, AJ, Club, Sasha and Charlotte all didn't have to be a part of it

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Missed opportunity to have Dean show up after the food fight collecting scraps into a big black garbage bag for later.

He wouldn't eat those disgusting scraps. He may use them as bait to catch older, slower hobos. Now that's good eatin'.

image-TRAP_395.jpg

• Like 2

My man Swagger got to be in the main event, the most oppressed man in WWE finally shines bright! Now back to six months of Victor matches on Main Event.

I think I heard HHH at the food fight say "Don't you touch that catering Swagger, that is for USA network superstars."

• Like 1