DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

As someone posted on Twitter, I think that is the last time you will see any WWE superstar on an MMA or major sporting event where actual drug testing is going on.  Especially the part timers that everyone knows is on the juice.    

What about bodybuilding competitions?

Every now and then I like to go back and re-watch old classic matches to see if they hold up. Re-watched Magnum vs. Tully and yeah, still fucking awesome. I like to think I'm pretty open to everyone's opinions on wrestling without judging but if you don't like that match, I feel like you don't actually like pro wrestling at all and I can't respect anything you say in regards to the subject.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Every now and then I like to go back and re-watch old classic matches to see if they hold up. Re-watched Magnum vs. Tully and yeah, still fucking awesome. I like to think I'm pretty open to everyone's opinions on wrestling without judging but if you don't like that match, I feel like you don't actually like pro wrestling at all and I can't respect anything you say in regards to the subject.

That match should be shown to everyone training to be a pro-wrestler as part of a lesson called "Bringing the Hate: 101." That's one of the most blood and guts, visceral blow off matches ever.

• Like 2

Came home for lunch today to find my wedding anniversary present was a copy of the December 1991 PWI 500.

How cool is that? I married a good one.  Just had a quick browse and I'm desperate to join the Imaginary Wrestling Federation and call the Rick Rude Wrestling Trivia Hotline 1-900-420-RUDE "Goddamit Ultimo Necro, It's an upper body business".

Goddam, now I gotta search out some old USWA matches.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Needs more finisher kickouts, flips, and zoom shots bro. Also a distraction rollup finish wouldn't have hurt.

6 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Dorada is signed, but Metalik isn't.    Sin Cara will play the role of Metalik until Dorada's contract is up.

Does that mean they're finally going to sign that Carístico guy and give him a "fake Sin Cara" gimmick?

8 hours ago, Ramsey said:

That match should be shown to everyone training to be a pro-wrestler as part of a lesson called "Bringing the Hate: 101." That's one of the most blood and guts, visceral blow off matches ever.

How about showing irhe entire angle to Vince as a way to actually book pro wrestling that people give a shit about.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

How about showing irhe entire angle to Vince as a way to actually book pro wrestling that people give a shit about.

Vince's responses, "too southern" and "I don't do rasslin'. I do sports entertainment."

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Came home for lunch today to find my wedding anniversary present was a copy of the December 1991 PWI 500.

How cool is that? I married a good one.  Just had a quick browse and I'm desperate to join the Imaginary Wrestling Federation and call the Rick Rude Wrestling Trivia Hotline 1-900-420-RUDE "Goddamit Ultimo Necro, It's an upper body business".

Goddam, now I gotta search out some old USWA matches.

Also Ironic is you received 500 likes with this post.   If you are ever looking for Apter mags I am selling my collection of close to 700 of them including a ton of old WWF mags.  Feel free to message me.  Every time I read them I want to watch old WCW or SMW.

• Like 1