DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

So, according to someone on Twitter, the US had 998 total golds throughout their history going into tonight.  If that's true, with the women's IM relay being 999, it's a weird coincidence that Phelps can help win 1000...

Edit: Damnit, looks like US won the long jump so the women's IM is 1000

2 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Loved the rowdy crowd for Del Potro vs Nadal.

Del Porto is having himself one hell of a week.

Now he just has to beat Andy Murray who is playing at peak level lately. After having already taken down two living legends.

I loved the Monica Puig story. I watched most of the match. Yes, she's a pretty damn good tennis player but this was a loaded field for her to navigate and in doing so she became the first Puerto Rican to win a gold medal.

I wanted Shelly-Ann Fraser to repeat in the women's 100M but it looks like there's a new Jamaican badass in town.

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

Me after watching the swimming...

I sentence you to 40 minutes in "the hole", it's up to you to figure out what that is. You're not gonna like it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Mo Farah must be a fan of Chumbawumba because he got knocked down, he got up again, and they're apparently never gonna keep him down.

(sorry. Not sorry.)

Some Wanker with a UK patch went up to him and said "Anarchy in the UK" and he totally pie-faced him. In this screenplay I'm writing.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

I sentence you to 40 minutes in "the hole", it's up to you to figure out what that is. You're not gonna like it.

Yeah, with my usual 3 and a half minutes, maybe even 4, 40 minutes does sound like a chore.

14 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Cue Kevin Bacon. . . .

Okay I know which one you're talking about but he's been in so many movies I also wonder if there's one where he played

1) a corrupt corporate official

2) an athlete who is the victim of a crime

3) Mo Farah

I think it works. He's a former distance runner who quits after being assaulted during a race by a spectator and becomes a corrupt corporate/IOC type and then rediscovers his passion when he runs into a poor Somali who is the greatest runner of all time but needs a coach. 

And Kevin Bacon plays both parts. 

All we need is an elephant in there and it's gold. There are elephants in Somailia right?  WHO CARES!!!!! GREEN LIGHT!!!!!!!

IOC will deny it until Lochte or a sponsor pays them to change their story. Can't make it seem like Rio's not descended into the craven cesspool it has the last decade, in part due to the existence of said games in the first place.

"hospitality house"

So he left the Olympic Village with his fellow swimmers to go to a party with lots of hookers.

Just like the men's basketball team accidentally went to a brothel.

Don't do stupid stuff.  Lochte and the swimmers did stupid stuff.  All that tang in the Olympic Village and he decides to sample the local cuisine.