DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money in the Bank 2016

The Natural

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming you aren't counting Sheamus' MITB cash-in

Technically Sheamus pinned him in the first fall of their 2 out of 3 falls match at Survivor Series

I wouldn't consider a cash-in as a clean pin as those come after a long match with another opponent

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Okay, I'm sorry about this, but I need to know I'm not the only one who sees this.  That Battleground ad with the flags...

At 0:18, I know Cena's flag says "U (C crossed out) ME", but we see it in reverse with the E obscured and it looks like it says C-U-M.  Right?

Yes, Cena's flag does look like it says cum. 

12 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Ambrose winning felt pretty telegraphed by having Ambrose hit Reigns with the dirty deeds on Monday.  I'm just surprised they went Rollins clean, then Ambrose, as it would be more compelling if that didn't happen.  Now when Reigns "turns" on Ambrose, it's kind of justified.

I feel the opposite. Ambrose with the big moment in Monday was a sure sign that Owens or Jericho was winning the briefcase.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nate said:

Oooooh and what about Cena wearing the PBR shirt to the ring last night ... whaddup with that?

The WWE and PBR came to some sort of deal to allow that shirt to be sold. (It is currently up on the WWE shop zone)

Since Cena good naturely tweeted at them yesterday and they responded

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

I feel the opposite. Ambrose with the big moment in Monday was a sure sign that Owens or Jericho was winning the briefcase.

Yeah, Dean Ambrose was my second favourite behind Kevin Owens. Shame we won't get gloating KO promos with the briefcase.

OK show, with four matches I liked well enough, and the rest I really could have done without.  Probably what was put over the most last night was the Magic Killer, as it kept Aiden English down for what felt like an eternity, and even avoided a Super Cena kick-off after the wait for a Styles cover.

Four way tag match was a mess.  Poor Vaudevillains - like the Ascension, I guess there wasn't much left for them in NXT, but they sure never seemed to me like an act that would work well on the main roster without a ton of work, and that seems to have panned out so far.  I guess the division will always need a jobber team.  Also, all the bad blood between the New Day and the Club seemed to have gotten totally punted, and really the biggest thing was teasing the Enzo & Big Cass/New Day match-up the crowd so desperately wants.

Corbin/Ziggler was actually pretty good and Corbin definitely seems to be making strides.  Hopefully this is finally over and he can move on to something else.

The women's tag reminded me of the Bad, Old Days of the Divas division.  As noted above, that Nattie hot tag crawl was painful to watch, and since she was just waiting to kick off Charlotte's cut-off attempt, why not just audible straight into it?

Sheamus/Crews started off well enough as actually feeling like a fight between two guys who just do not like each other, but pretty meh from there.  Thought the second-rope White Noise kickout into the crucifix pin was a silly finish, especially with Crews popping up and just walking to the back and smiling once more.  I know it's a already a popular opinion around here, but he really could have used more time in NXT if just to pin down the basics of conveying a story with your actions.  Hell, he would have been a good mainstay in the title scene just so it wouldn't feel like they're constantly moving the title to or around people who should already have moved up.

Styles/Cena was probably MOTN.  Insane finisher counter sequence before the ref bump and the previously discussed finish with the Club run-in.  Not the best look.

MITB seemed to drag towards the end, but a bunch of brutal spots as expected.  Cesaro dropping off the ladder into the springboard corkscrew uppercut was a thing of beauty.

Rusev/Titus I barely remember aside from the opening.  Surprised by the finish after all the Father's Day talk, but glad they're continuing to build Rusev's reign.  Also the completely 180 from what was expected with Rusev's post-match super-heel shots at children.  My God is he glorious.

Main felt like it started out very slowly with Roman's total domination, but heated up nicely.  Reigns' sit-out powerbombs (the Splash Mountain he's been using and the school boy lift variant he busted out) sure look and sound devastating.  Surprised by the finish, especially with Rollins going over pretty clean (aside from Reigns' causing the ref bump (which was a little silly to go to again) and costing himself the fall), but the aftermath cleared that up.

I wonder if Reigns is going to go full heel tonight and if WWE will let Ambrose/Rollins get blood. Because I think the perfect ending for tonight's RAW is babyface Seth and babyface Ambrose having a rematch for the WWE WHC and then super heel Reigns comes in and destroys both men, leaving them in a pool of their own blood to end RAW

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You keep living that dream since it will never happen

I thought the same thing of people who like Dean Ambrose and wanted him as champion, so in 2016 anything can happen in WWE.