DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money in the Bank 2016

The Natural

So Money in the Bank VII takes place on Sunday (early hours of Monday morning in the UK). I thought we could talk before the event and after. The card:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins.

Money in the Bank Ladder match. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio.

WWE Tag Team Championship. The New Day (c) vs. Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore/Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillians.

WWE United States Championship. Rusev (c) vs. Titus O'Neil.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Charlotte/Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch/Natalya

My predictions:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins: Roman Reigns

Money in the Bank Ladder match. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio: Kevin Owens

WWE Tag Team Championship. The New Day (c) vs. Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore/Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillians: Enzo Amore/Big Cass.

WWE United States Championship. Rusev (c) vs. Titus O'Neil: Rusev

AJ Styles vs. John Cena: AJ Styles

Charlotte/Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch/Natalya: Becky Lynch/Natalya

---

The three matches I'm interested in are AJ Styles vs. John Cena, the Money in the Bank Ladder match between Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match between Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena is my most anticipated match. Styles' gets my vote as the best wrestler in the WWE so far this year. This could/should have been saved for a SummerSlam main event/top match. I see Styles winning the first match, Cena in the rematch and probably the rubber match. I hope it delivers as it should.

There's three contenders for the Money in the Bank briefcase: Dean Ambrose to set up the speculated Shield Triple Threat for so long, Kevin Owens as he could talk shit while having it and Chris Jericho for the same reason. Jericho could come out of nowhere after touring with Fozzy only to lose the cash in and throw a hissy fit. I went with KO to be the new Mr. MITB.

We get the highest profile Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins match to date. I see this ending in shenanigans/controversy/inconclusive to maybe setup two world champions when the brand split comes back. At one point in the original brand split, both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship  meant something/pushed as equals. WWE need to do this again as one championship has a great history/legacy while a new one will be seen as the lesser belt and a step down.

• Like 1

That's not a bad theory.  It can be a Father's Day thing, plus an apology for his suspension.  I can see Vince now:

"Hey, Titus!  Sorry for that suspension, to make good here is the US Championship!  Oh, and don't grab me again."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is a theory that Titus will win the US title on Sunday for a brief reign (ie: possibly one day) because Sunday is Father's Day

All the dads should win on Father's Day. Fuck the John Cena for not wanting babies with Nikki Bella. That'll teach him.

• Like 3

Reigns/Rollins goes to some sort of disputed finish. Maybe a double pin? Haven't done that in a long time.

Styles over Cena. AJ cheats on his own to win.

Jericho wins MITB. I think him or Owens are the best options. I don't really think Owens needs it, honestly. Jericho could have the most fun with it and he doesn't have to win the title.

Rusev over Titus. They're trying to rebuild Rusev.

Charlotte/Dana over Becky/Nattie. I think Paige is the next challenger so Charlotte and Dana work together and get the win.

Gallows/Anderson win the tag titles. They need a big win.

Corbin over Ziggler. Crews over Sheamus but Sheamus beats him up after the match.

• Like 1

Wonder how much the twitter traffic takes a hit with Game 7 going on at the same time.

Looking forward to Cena/AJ. Should be a great match regardless of how the angle plays out. That match really should be the main, Seth/Roman feels like a total afterthought on this show.

Reigns vs. Rollins - Going with a disputed finish to continue the feud.

MITB - Ambrose

Tag Title 4-way - Anderson & Gallows because they need a big win and the eventual Cass/Enzo win needs to be over a big heel team like the Club

US Title - Either a short reign for Titus or another win for Rusev to continue his rebuilding.

Styles vs. Cena - Styles

Charlotte/Dana vs. Becky/Natalya - Charlotte/Dana

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

They just announced that FaBreeze vs. Golden Truth will also be on the kickoff

So something changed or there are now 3 matches on the kickoff

Lucha Dragons vs Dudleys is advertised for the kickoff on WWE.com. Crews-Sheamus and Corbin-Ziggler are both listed as main card matches.

Does anyone else think WWE hyping this as The Greatest Money in the Bank of All Time is

a) a bit hyperbolic and premature given that the event is still days away. And

b) A symbolic middle finger to CM Punk who was in the previous other greatest MitB of all time?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Lucha Dragons vs Dudleys is advertised for the kickoff on WWE.com. Crews-Sheamus and Corbin-Ziggler are both listed as main card matches.

That at least makes sense now since those later two at least have been on TV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Has to be Ambrose winning to set up a Shield Triple Threat for Summerslam doesn't it? Writes itself, so they probably won't do it?

I think the idea would be Brock/Reigns at SummerSlam to capitalize off all the press Brock gets from UFC 200.

• Like 1

WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins - Reigns, with some controversial ending which probably leads to the brand split. 

Money in the Bank Ladder match. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio-  KO or Ambrose. I I hope it's Owens. 

WWE Tag Team Championship. The New Day (c) vs. Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore/Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillians-The Club. 

WWE United States Championship. Rusev (c) vs. Titus O'Neil-Something tells me Titus wins, which could be  a huge mistake because he's not over at all

AJ Styles vs. John Cena- This is gonna be fun. I say AJ pins Cena cleanly. 

Charlotte/Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch/Natalya - Since it's a tag match. I think Becky and Nattie win.

Corbin vs Ziggler - Corbin wins. Dolph takes Lawler's place on the SD commentary team. 

Sheamus vs. Crews - Crews with the upset. 

Breezango vs. Golden Truth - Tyler and Fandango win. 

Dudleys vs. Lucha Dragons - Dudleys need to go away. Luchas win. 

Edited by RIPPA
So we can actually read it
  • Like 1

The WWE has also made changes to Sunday's Money In The Bank event, adding two matches to the main show: Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin and Sheamus vs. Apollo Crews. This changes the PPV from six matches to eight, meaning when timing out the show, they needed more time filled than they allotted for the six.

With the change comes two additional pre-show matches: Goldust & R-Truth vs. Tyler Breeze & Fandango, plus The Dudleys vs. Lucha Dragons.

With the new formatting of the show, it's possible some finishes were discussed because there were heavy betting switches, most notably strong odds movements for Dean Ambrose and against Kevin Owens in the Money in the Bank mach, as well as for Roman Reigns, The New Day and A.J. Styles.

My predictions:

Golden Truth vs. Breeze/Fandango,  Meaningless match, so babyfaces get the win.

Dudleys vs. Lucha Dragons.  Flip a coin.  Since it's a meaningless pre-show match, Lucha Dragons probably get the win.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin.  Should be Corbin, but probably will be Dolph.  Hopefully, feud ends here.

Sheamus vs. Apollo Crews.  Sheamus either wins, or Crews wins but Sheamus destroys him afterwards. Outcome will probably be a good indicator of whether Crews gets any push at all going forward.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins.  Reigns retains belt in some fashion. Probably not a clean pin, so disputed finish or no contest or something.  A double turn with Reigns cheating to win and going full-on heel makes some sense, but I don't think they'll go that way.

Money in the Bank Ladder match. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio.  Pick em.  Don't think there's much benefit to Del Rio winning.  The rest all have some upside or ready-made storyline.  Dean winning sets up a Shield feud.  Jericho winning makes sense given his push and it's easier to do an unsuccessful cash-in with him.  Owens would be a good pick, but I'm skeptical he wins only to cash-in unsuccessfully, and I don't think they're grooming him for a world title run right now.

WWE Tag Team Championship. The New Day (c) vs. Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore/Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillians.  Gallows/Anderson makes a lot of sense, but I think New Day retains, probably to lose to the Club at SummerSlam.

WWE United States Championship. Rusev (c) vs. Titus O'Neil.  Rusev

AJ Styles vs. John Cena.  AJ wins (with help?) to set up a string of losses down the line.

Charlotte/Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch/Natalya.  This match seems random unless they do something for storyline purposes.  Charlotte/Dana teasing dissension already, so they don't split up,  Natalya turns on Becky to start some sort of Horsewoman faction with Charlotte?

• Like 1

I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of WWE tv for several weeks now so I'm kinda in the mood to see this. It looks like a strong show on paper. I'm interested to see AJ vs Cena. Styles is the WWE MVP so far this year, but Cena's style was really getting on my nerves the last several months of his last run. I expect it to be good, but if Cena doesn't go overboard with 2.9s and finisher kickouts it could be a classic.

Surprise me WWE. Fucking surprise me and have Styles beat Cena clean in the middle of that ring. No distractions. No shenanigans. Because your obvious choices are that Styles beats Cena dirty which is predictable or Styles loses which is infuriating. And then surprise me further and have Styles win the fucking feud. 

Because I deserve something this year.

How is the briefcase going to factor into the Brand Split? If there's going to be two World titles again, doesn't that mean there has to be two briefcases again as well? Or does Mr MITB get to tease cash-ins on both shows for ages?

I still think Del Rio wins tonight because of Father's Day (WWE just put up his Father's Day promo on YouTube) and because if ADR wins he can be named instead of CM Punk as someone who has won the MITB match twice