DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money in the Bank 2016

The Natural

Ambrose winning felt pretty telegraphed by having Ambrose hit Reigns with the dirty deeds on Monday.  I'm just surprised they went Rollins clean, then Ambrose, as it would be more compelling if that didn't happen.  Now when Reigns "turns" on Ambrose, it's kind of justified.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Well, Yeah, Emma also had a match better then Seth's best match last year. Rollins had like 1 or 2 good matches surrounded by a lot of mediocre matches and terrible promos.

Do we really wanna open this damned can of worms again? I don't. 

Then don't mention you got a ton of shit for an opinion that the majority of this board shared and agreed with you on.

Anyway, was the Natalya heel turn the "surprise" that Meltzer was talking about on his twitter this weekend? I was expecting a Sasha Banks run-in or Nikki Bella return based off that. The Natalya turn was telegraphed, it was kind of obvious even during their Twitter Q&A on the pre-show.

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

What are you talking about? Virtually everyone agreed with you and Matt when you claimed he had a "shitty" year and didn't work the matches according to his face/heel alignment. It was only me and MAYBE two other people that disagreed with you. If anything, the pro-Rollins side got a lot of shit for defending him, it wasn't the other way around.

I liked him a hell of a lot more tonight as a pseudo-face if that helps?

EDIT: I'd still vote for Emma if the voting was today though. She was awesome before the injury and was about to get pushed accordingly.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Between ruining the end of the AJ/Cena match and Ambrose's cash in, I wish JBL would just shut the fuck up.

Maybe we can get lucky and he'll get in some Jerry Lawler style trouble. 

I'm not trying to come off like a social justice warrior, but are you actually rooting for JBL to engage in domestic violence? Wow. 

54 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Piranesi is so happy right now.

d6e671c.gif

As i was deciding what to watch when everything was colliding at the same time with Game 7 and HBO death night and this PPV...right at that moment Dolph Ziggler's music hit and I remembered how stupid it would be to watch this of all things live.

So of course...I come here and this has happened.

I'm assuming, of course, that Dean cashed in right away because he figured that briefcase was too heavy to tie to the end of his bindlestick and he doesn't have enough room in the hollowed out vaudeville-style upright piano he's living in for storage like that.

• Like 8

Holy shit!  My network feed is paused right where I left off, so now I have to FF 30 seconds at a time to get to see Dean win the title or risk closing it to see where it is in the replay.

30 seconds at a time it is!

Wait now it stopped at the women's match and won't FF anymore, like where it caught up to the replay feed.  FUCKING TEASE@@@@

10 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

I'm not trying to come off like a social justice warrior, but are you actually rooting for JBL to engage in domestic violence? Wow. 

I'm rooting for anything that gets him the fuck off commentary: whether it's domestic violence, dumpster fire, seizure that causes him to chew his tongue off, anything.

• Like 1

This was a fun as hell marktastic PPV. Combined with that game and GoT and this was probably the greatest night of TV 2016. If all you get out of this is that you're not happy enough that AJ FUCKING STYLES PINNED JOHN FUCKING CENA, just go get eaten by dogs that should have been a wolf.

Also, LOL, TNA did in Styles what WCW couldn't with Sting.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I'm assuming, of course, that Dean cashed in right away because he figured that briefcase was too heavy to tie to the end of his bindlestick and he doesn't have enough room in the hollowed out vaudeville-style upright piano he's living in for storage like that.

Do the Vaudevillains know Dean is living in their piano?

• Like 1

I wasn't watching this show too close because of Game 7, but I have a few thoughts:

Was it just me was there inordinate amount of botching on this show? Enzo falling over on the TiP spot and Kofi giving him a Shawn-esque frustration kick was hilarious, though.

Cena/AJ seemed like a standard Cena epic, but I'll have to re-watch it. The finish was pretty bad, and is only going to look worse if Cena wins the series. When did JBL go from "A win is a win Maggle" to "No, damn it, not like this?"

Cesaro's springboard uppercut was perfect, and the Michinoku driver on the sideways ladder was nasty. At least if Sami can't beat Kevin one on one, he can kill him in ladder matches.

I'm very happy WWE went with one of my two approved scenarios for MITB. Ambrose deserves a run with the belt. He's kept himself over despite getting left behind by the writers. It'll be interesting to see what filler match they run at Battleground since I imagine they'll save the triple threat for Summer Slam.

Also, two ref bumps on the same show? Is this 2000?

• Like 1

That last five minutes or so was the best non-NXT booking they've done in I don't know how long.  I literally can't wait to see what happens on RAW tomorrow.  And I have no idea when the last time I thought that was.

And thank God they sorta did what I was hoping.  The briefcase cash-in was immediate so we can go a whole year without that booking bailout around.

• Like 1

Although even a few weeks of Dean tormenting Rollins with the prospect of cashing in any time would have been fun, but how they did it was fine, too. 

Lost in all this is the match itself was very good in its power vs skill simplicity. Every shot Reigns threw Rollins sold like it was Thor's Hammer.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable stacked show, I support PPVs having a 30 minute overrun. Reigns/Rollins was a pretty awesome main event. I didn't have very high expectations for it going in but it was very good and I think that's the best Rollins has looked and the strongest he's ever been booked, was shocked that he went over clean. Chioda was up quicker than most off a bump that would've usually took a ref out for an entire match. Cool moment for Ambrose as well, should be a fun run as champ. As much as I have zero interest in the triple threat fantasy of the past two years, at least there is a logical booking reason for it and I'm glad it will presumably be happening at Battleground, which had a pretty cool little upcoming ppv ad. The actual MITB match was pretty fun even if a bit predictable. I thought Alberto actually looked very good in there and had one of the better performances of the match. The MITB "Black Honey" feud video was excellent too, one of the better ones they have had in awhile.

Rusev/Titus was better than I expected. Figured that would be a 5 minute or less squash when they were going on so late but they got a decent amount of time and Titus actually looked like a viable threat at times. Not crazy about the Cena/Styles finish but a very good match as expected.

Thought Corbin/Ziggler started slow but I ended up liking that a lot. Another match I didn't expect to go half as long as it did but they got a ton of time to work with. Solid feud win for Corbin. Only the tag match opener was a bit of total mess. That ending had some horrible timing and I felt bad for Gallows having to stand there like he was handcuffed while Big E held Anderson. Overall, very strong card that has things looking interesting in the follow up.

• Like 2