DVDVR Message Board

[TV] FEBRUARY 2016 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I feel like they missed the mark the way that Stephen King felt Kubrick missed the mark by casting Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance. In The Shining novel, Jack Torrance is a normal guy with demons who goes crazy due to the hotel. I can't remember if King said it or someone else but in the movie, Nicholson played Torrance as guy who is already crazy going crazier. CGJ's OJ doesn't come across as a charming guy who is hiding a dark side. He comes across as someone who's already unhinged and anyone with any modicum of sense should be able to see it.

The Triumph Election Special on Hulu is number one and the best.

I never post anymore, but had to mention that my sister in law Samantha is the curly-haired manager at the Airport Diner and had a fucking blast with Triumph and crew filming. Also, Chris Christie really dropped in many times just to eat.

• Like 1

You know how cable/satellite channels like to put on previous versions or sequels of new films coming out in theaters before or when they're released? Guess what's playing on REELZ tonight? 

The Dead Pool. 

That's the one where Eastwood makes dick jokes, right?

Remember when he was a chubby American sheriff in LEAP OF FAITH?

Remember when he was Patrick Swayze's Kentucky hillbilly cousin in Next Of Kin?

Cousins? They were all brothers. They were three brothers from Kentucky with three completely different accents.

The Triumph Election Special on Hulu is number one and the best.

I never post anymore, but had to mention that my sister in law Samantha is the curly-haired manager at the Airport Diner and had a fucking blast with Triumph and crew filming. Also, Chris Christie really dropped in many times just to eat.

Don't tell your brother I said this, but Samantha is very cute. :ph34r:

The Triumph Hulu special might have been a bit too long for me and some jokes are hit and miss, but the hits were extremely fun.  Triumph following Cruz like a gnat, the fake fox news reporters segment, and Triumph with a press pass at the Democratic event were great.

The super nice Midwestern woman in the fake Fox news reporter bit is the antithesis of the insane Trump supporters (the hilarious "sterilize Puerto Ricans til we get this thing right" fake quote) in that very same bit. I would want that woman to be my next door neighbor. Those clearly racist Trump supporters have me wishing a reckless driver mowed through the crowd and left no survivors. Just a little cleansing of the gene pool.

I have to agree with the people saying Cuba isn't good in American Crime Story, though.

OJ Simpson: OK, yeah, he's quirky and weird and not exactly a mastermind criminal, but he does have sense of passion and doom and menace about him. (Well, obviously.)

Physically or personality-wise, Cuba just can't pull it off.  He's more the nice, endearing guy you'd like to be buddies with. Not the guy you're afraid of.

I don't know how old you are. But you are forgetting OJ's public persona prior to being accused of the murders. He was thought as one of the nicest guys around. There is an urban legend he was turned down to play the Terminator because he was too nice. Cuba is about as good a choice as you are going to find.

I kept seeing the ads and thinking the entire cast must be desperate for work.

I remember having to fist fight my parents for the remote just so I could watch Power Rangers at 4:00 pm. Yes I know there are goings a foot, but Lord Zedd sent the rangers back in time and is sending an army of monsters, priorities.

I remember being at my uncle's house in Florida and while they were watching the Bronco chase, I was more interested in watching Ghoulies on The Movie Channel and reading X-Men Classics in my cousin's room. 

That reminds me, we actually watched the verdict on TV at school! The teachers couldn't help themselves. 

I recall hearing the verdict on the radio during, of all things, a college short story writing class.  None of the students cared.

Odd news on the TV front, as Britain is now experiencing "reboot fever".  A one-episode revival of Are You Being Served is now in the works, with an "all-star cast of UK sitcom legends" taking on the iconic roles of their deceased predecessors ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-classic-you-being-served-7376680?ICID=FB_mirror_main

The show says it will pick up "when the show ended", which suggests that "Grace and Favour" never existed.