DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For March 2 (Taped 1/22)

RIPPA

And really, who better to murder than Sami to punctuate a turn?

Actually, the heel turn scenario that would start a riot would be if he does the Dirty Dancing act again, only to "accidentally" drop Bayley. But they can't. It's too on the border.

I totally want Baron Corbin to be champ already. I don't care if its six to a year too early.

Balor is totally turning heel soon. They are ramping up his heel mannerisms, like the Long stare at the Balor Club graphic and the unnecessary spike DDT at the finish of the match. He's going to be a total dickhead.

How was it unnecessary? Neville is a former champ and controlled most of the match.

I totally want Baron Corbin to be champ already. I don't care if its six to a year too early.

Balor is totally turning heel soon. They are ramping up his heel mannerisms, like the Long stare at the Balor Club graphic and the unnecessary spike DDT at the finish of the match. He's going to be a total dickhead.

How was it unnecessary? Neville is a former champ and controlled most of the match.

He did not have to do it against him. He did not even bother going for the pin. He picked him up and spiked him when the opponent was clearly prone and out for a pin. He did the same against Apollo Crews. 

For once, Finn is showing some emotion in his matches and he is doing it as a heel.

Yeah, Finn is really starting to find his form.  That was a great main event.  I was really shocked when they mentioned the Bullet Club during his entrance.  I loved that catching the kick/clothesline sequence.  Considering how lights out the stomp has been as a finisher, I'm with the idea that the Bloody Sunday is more about rubbing it in.  "I'm better than you and you're going to feel it" type of thing.  I agree that he has been working in more heel tendencies and it started during the Dusty Classic.

Cool heel Finn will be better than cool face Finn because he will be able to work from the top more often.  Despite being a smaller guy, he really is much better working on top.  His offense is crisp AND almost everything he does can be used on any opponent. Not that it matters much in NXT, but that's smart long term.

Heel or face the dude is so obviously $$$ and is going to be cheered. If Sami goes up to the main show, there won't be anyone on the roster able to get a face reaction against heel Finn. That's ok though.  His work is slowly starting to catch up to the crowd response. It could be a really cool year if he continues on this route.

i'm trying to watch more wrestling and I took some notes

-they don’t even need to have team polkadots talk me into being on team polkadots. Although the dude in black and silver needs to get over himself and embrace colors. Also Corey’s call of Hugo as Cartoonishly Built is accurate.
-heel women emasculating bozos works
-finn is like barely a character. “HAS JACKET. SOMETIMES IS SEKTOR. JUMP GOOD.” k dude
-Dash Wilder being “I CANT BELIEVE YOU ATTACKED US FROM BEHIND” is the first time I’ve found anything to like about the mechanics.
-wait is roadblock a wwe/nxt cross show? are they going to try to do a nxt vs. wwe match at mania?
-santana got some hokuto screaming going on. also I would not want emma to kick me.
-“I WAS A HAPPY VAMPIRE”
-aries theme is ass, baron corbin is fantastic for being all “NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.” Baron Corbin as indie hating hoss is the best gimmick in the world.
-samson’s music doesn’t work. Drifters don’t have Arena Rock Setups. his elbow drop totally does work though. finish, also, not working.
-they should play the “dun dun dunnnnnnn” music every time the vaudevillains appear on screen.
-there sure were a lot of wrestling moves in neville/balor
-every time a wrestling show has opponents talking to each other with an interviewer in between I just think about Ric Flair and Fritz Von Erich, which just reminds me “damn, I need to watch all that World Class again”

Can we talk about Hugo Knox? I was really surprised at how well he moved around and how well be sold. He just stood out more than the other dudes that come in or show up to do a job. I hope he shows up more often.

• Like 1

Corbin is on fuckin' fire.  Emma is on fuckin' fire.  Samoa Joe is on fuckin' fire.

This all day long. Easily my three favorite acts in NXT right now. Nakamura and Aries coming is almost overkill....but in the best way possible.

If Sami goes up to the main show, there won't be anyone on the roster able to get a face reaction against heel Finn.

Nakamura > heel Finn and face Finn combined

There it is!  Last night I kept on thinking about how uneven the top of the card would be if Balor turned, but was completely blanking on Nakamura!  Forget a turn on Sami they need to jump straight to Balor/Nakamura

I figured their would be more talk about that main event.  Lots of talk about the undercard stuff, but this was really a one match show.  Weird.

That Corbin beat down was great though.  I also thought Joe was going to snap when Sami was going on about paving the way for Joe.  That was an oddly heelish thing to say considering their respective histories.  Is Sami a dick now?

I think someone else said it, but that double stomp from the top has been lights out. He hit that and didn't even go for the pin. A babyface would've gone for the pin, and after a kickout tried for his MURDERDEATHKILL finisher. Instead Finn nails the stomp and immediately picks up Neville to kill him with the MURDERDEATHKILL. That's something a heel does.  

• Like 1

You know how hard it is to toss a flimsy t-shirt? Corbin deserves MVP for that sniper toss alone!

Again, please sign Santana Garrett, she really doesn't need much training (if anything, she'll probably help with training).

I dearly miss Neville in NXT. He was a guarantee great match whenever he was in the main event.

• Like 1

If Sami goes up to the main show, there won't be anyone on the roster able to get a face reaction against heel Finn.

Nakamura > heel Finn and face Finn combined

There it is!  Last night I kept on thinking about how uneven the top of the card would be if Balor turned, but was completely blanking on Nakamura!  Forget a turn on Sami they need to jump straight to Balor/Nakamura

Yeah I'm thinking Balor vs Nakamura in Brooklyn this year. Awesome time to be a wrestling fan especially if the main roster could get their shit together.

• Like 1