DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For March 2 (Taped 1/22)

RIPPA

Unless Corbin will have some kind of top on his gear like Roman or wearing a shirt like KO, he's going to be fucked. I can already hear JBL ripping on him for his used to be fat, loose skin stomach. After all, these are the same shallow people that tried to tell us Mickie James and Molly Holly were fat.

Neville/Balor in the battle of underappreciated NXT aces was really good. They made Neville look like a big deal despite not doing anything significant for months, and they structured the big finishing run around avoiding finishers rather than taking them and kicking out. They did a good job making it look like the first person to hit a big move was going to win. The escalation was good with Neville's selling of the Pele and subsequent kick flurry, then regaining the edge with a lightning quick German. Then they went into "who can hit their move first" mode and had a couple good teases despite the obviousness of Balor going over.

The drifter is the first person's match I've skipped in probably close to a year and a half on NXT. Nothing about this guy connects at all and his gimmick is all over the place. I guess we can wait and see, but he's looking a lot like more like Solomon Crowe than Baron Corbin. Although Crowe did at least show some occasional flashes of excitement in his matches, Samson has all the in-ring excitement of Curt Hawkins.

He's going to be magical on the main roster. I look forward to multiple runs with him as the top heel.

Can he cut a 20 minute promo though? I don't think anybody is allowed near the top of the card without doing shitty, long promos that (over)expose them.

He's still not good on the mic, though his physical charisma is obvious and he gets it

• 3 weeks later...

The parking lot beatdown of Dash and Dawson on Enzo was funny because of the video quality of the security camera.  It was like watching one of those old 2000 hand held video games watching them run and blur from one spot to another