DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For March 2 (Taped 1/22)

RIPPA

From WON

3/2 TV show:

William Regal announced Joe vs. Zayn in a 2/3 fall match "next week" with the winner getting a title shot.

Vaudevillains beat Hugo Knox & Tucker Knight

Elias Samson beat Steve Cutler

Emma beat Santana Garrett

William Regal introduced Austin Aries.  Baron Corbin attacked him and laid him out.

NXT Champion Finn Balor beat Neville with the Bloody Sunday DDT to retain.

From PWI

Week 4

- The Vaudevillains defeated Hugo Knox and Tucker Knight.

- Elias Samson defeated Steve Cutler.

- Emma (w/Dana Brooke) defeated Santana Garrett.

- William Regal announced one of his biggest signings to date. Out came Austin Aries (working under that name). As Aries was walking towards the ring, he's attacked from behind by Baron Corbin. Corbin throws him into the LED board on the ring. He then hits an End of Days on the floor. He rips Aries' shirt off and tosses it in Regal's face.

- NXT champion Finn Balor defeated Neville.

Samson is done the gimmick doesn't translate to anything between the ropes(much like Crowe's hacker gimmick), and he's painfully bland in the ring. I'm glad to see Aries get a chance in NXT he's been one of my favorite workers since 2004. I think what he brings in terms of promos, and being able to carry a feud on the mic is even more valuable to NXT than his in ring talent. I'm guessing Zayn and Balor won't be around by the time summer rolls around so they definitely need someone to step in to the main event scene on the face side. Corbin has the best gimmick in NXT as the indy killer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am seen multiple people say that a HUGE portion of the crowd used the Elias Samson match as its bathroom break.

Poor poor terrible Drifter

His music hit and he started walking to the ring as everyone walked to the bathroom including myself.

Everything about him is so uninteresting it sorta makes you feel bad for him.

An Irish guy using a finisher called the Bloody Sunday is the best.  I think the announcement of Joe vs. Zayn for #1 Contender has me stoked more than anything on the card.

If this Balor Club thing is going to happen and Finn leaves for the WWE roster, then job him out to Sami and then he and Joe can trade title runs.

Everything about him is so uninteresting it sorta makes you feel bad for him.

Apparently not bad enough to make you sit your ass down and respectfully watch his match.

Cue "sorta," not entirely. And Yes, I'm a disrespectful douche. :(

Well he doesn't actually know if he's uninteresting since he went to the bathroom instead.

And how exactly do you know if I haven't been to prior NXT events where he's been at?

"Dancin'" Emma was maybe the first sign that NXT was really different than anything we've ever seen before. The woman's division was pretty much just Paige and Summer Rae until Emma started dancing and doing her lovable ditz character. The next TV taping saw people bringing Dancin' Emma cut-outs. The crowd very much embraced a fun, goofy character. Her being really good also helped a lot, too. But she really ran with that ball and it was great. 

I don't know if we have Bayley's character without Emma's shtick working first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that Bálor/Neville was a fine match. They really beat the crap out of each other and there was intensity and urgency there. It was probably Bálor's best match so far in his NXT run. 

I liked Emma/Santana Garrett, but I thought that I might get something even better than I did in an extended semi-squash. Still was quite fun. Dana Brooke adds so much to that act. "WE KNOW THE RULES, REF!" **immediately cheats**

I don't feel like the heel Vaudevillains act differently enough from the face Vaudevillains to drive the turn home. 

Aries threw himself around for Corbin. I'm so happy that, in some form, Aries made it to the show. As long as he can avoid sexually harassing any of the women by putting his crotch in their faces, he should have a good run!

Pretty good show!

It should be mandatory for every NXT show to have an Emma squash match with Dana talking shit on the outside. Corbin's beat down on Aries was great. I think those two will  tear it up. I really liked the main event good performance from both guys.