DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Puma spoke!!!

Funny, he sounded more like some dude from Surburban St. Louis than a dude from Boyle Heights.

I'm getting super excited at the upcoming Monster-off between Muertes and Matanza.

So far I'm loving the dynamics of all the announced trios teams. The Rey/Puma/DA team is like the parallel universe ultimate babyface version of Evolution.

The Killshot video package was good too. LU is really good about giving everyone some kind of story to get invested in.

The Fenix/Matanza match was the best showing yet for Matanza. The German into the turnbuckles and the way he caught Fenix on the handspring and dive to the outside were good ways to showcase his power. Fenix knows how to take a beating. Also liked the clubbing blows Matanza was using post-match, really looked like an unhinged monster trying to splatter a guy's face. Catrina giving a look to Fenix when she made the save was a nice touch and transition to Mil/Matanza. Really looking forward to that irresistible force/immovable object showdown.

They're gonna kill it next week! That's a total hero dream team. Imagine a team like that vs Aero Star, Drago, Fenix in the finals or even them just winning the tournament and taking on Angelico, Son of Havoc & Ivelisse. Wonder if the crowd would actually boo the champs or boo the superhero team?

Sooooo these rumors about Prince Puma in season 3....

And why is everyone not freaking out over Matanza and Mil Muertes?  I couldn't believe they teased that just a couple of weeks after Matanza debuted.  My daughter already hates Matanza for how badly he crushed Pentagon and Fenix, for the first time ever she was cheering for Mil Muertes.  I can imagine those two putting on a hell of a match, but I hope they let it stew for a good long while before giving it to us.

• Like 1

I'm super excited for Matanza/Mil, that's going to be brutally awesome.  If this were a comic book I'd envision them being on two sides of a room and they had to kill a bunch of fools to meet up.  Then when they do meet they would try to kill each other and it'd be super bloody.

This being wrestling, no way that would come close to happening.  But this is LU, and I'm expecting some fucked up shit to happen.  I really can't wait for this.

I'm hoping that when other wrestlers and refs and security start to head in for the standard pull apart portion of any Mil/Matanza brawl, they just all do the wave and step back.

Since I was too busy working on Wednesday and didn't bother to check my e-mail until now here is LUCHA UNDERGROUND REPORT 4/6/16~! (brought to you by a not so mysterious benefactor and a three day weekend)

Spoiler

That cop subplot is pretty fucking stupid. The Vamp one is pretty good because you know it's gonna pay off in some craziness. 

Ivelisse vs. Kobra Moon: This was a blast. Both gals worked their asses off and it was really great to see what Ivey (as Vamp and Striker have dubbed her. btw they did a bang-up job announcing this, only creeping out once) can do in a singles, non-intergender match. Kobra too with all the rope submissions. These two worked together perfectly and I hope they put them back in the ring together soon. 

If Killshot is so good with his hands he should go into pottery.

Joey Ryan/Castro/Cisco vs. Marty the Moth/Mariposa/The Mack: Heh, talk about parejas increibles. RON FUNCHES IS IN THE CROWD! He loves Rodney as much as we all do. Match looks like a huge chunk was cut out of it and there certainly isn't enough Mack but him hitting the tope and the dude with the hat busting out dancing in the crowd after made up for it, plus everyone played their parts well with more viciousness from Marty and more arrogance from Joey; the Crew is looking to be making a full face turn too. Sexy shows up again to continue the anglemania. This had to be a lot of fun live. 

Rey-Rey, Azteca Jr. and Prince Puma are your Justice League Trios! This should be great. I think this segment is the first time Ricochet has ever spoken in the entire series. 

Fenix vs. Matanza Cueto: Good lord I'm thinking of the Muertes matches and I hope Fenix will be able to walk after this. "He just played basketball with his head, he could have crushed his brain" - Vamp

Well, we don't get the blood Dario was calling for, but we do get what I was calling earlier -- Muertes against Matanza and an educated guess being Fenix as the third wheel (and probably winner). Matanza bumps for the big right hand of Muertes over the top rope so I have no complaints with any of this. Unless I'm wrong, we might have yet another great three-way. 

EDIT: Reading back (which I didn't want to do) y'all beat me to Puma talking finally. Anybody got a former promo of his?

• Like 1

I think everyone reading this knows who Puma really is. And yeah he doesn't sound like you would think, but we don't know any of his backstory aside from being Konnan's protege so who cares. And hey, not too bad of a talker (after that and watching a related promo), so he might be good if they gave him more. All the same his physicality and ability would cover up for any lack. 

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I lol'd at the spoilers for next years tapings. Ohhhh man, no thank you. Even if it is out of context and it might work - just no.

Right, just the word spoiler. Please stop with that stuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Right, just the word spoiler. Please stop with that stuff.

I didn't realize I described in detail what exactly I'm talking about in the post you quoted. Weird, you must have taken it out of my post! *checks* Oh, no, you didn't. Because I didn't mention anything but MY REACTION to the spoiler, which hasn't been posted ANYWHERE on this board.

Get a grip.