DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

Ryback is hitting the big NEW events this month which I find slightly shocking consider what Meltzer said he charges per appearance and the fact that the shows are right around the corner and has probably sold more or less what they are going to sell, but mayb not.  I went to Wrestling Under the Stars last year and it was fun.  It's also the biggest non WWE event on US soil.  I don't think I'm going this year because I am going to their smaller show which is closer the next night, but it's quite a lineup and it can't be cheap to run. This is also in a minor league baseball stadium and the come to the ring in convertibles and bullpen carts.

Cody Rhodes, Kurt Angle, Jushin Liger, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Sami Callihan, Kamiatchi, Lawler, Brooklyn Brawler,  Swoggle, Michael Bennett, Maria and now Ryback. 

Senor Benjamin is also there.  Photo Ops with him are $10 and autographs are $10.  GTFO

38 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I can sense that he's not going to be one for the indy circuit in that fashion.  MCW is notorious for being a "mark" for legends/ex WWE guys of all types.  I'll be shocked if Ryback's match is longer than two or three minutes.  He does some moves, heel gets maybe one move in then he finishes the heel.  Easy payday for guys like him.   As long as there's promotions like this it'll be pretty much this way for him going forward.  It was like that for Billy Gunn, and he's the TV champ last I saw it.

I'd be better off asking about his good pal CM Punk before anything else.

Try to sell him on a Broken Matt vs The Secret Ryback feud then.

Trevor Lee defends the Mid-Atlantic title vs John Skyler on 8/27 in Chapel Hill.  Should be amazing.

Start of a great two week stretch of CWF tv.  Weaver Cup semi finals this week, with the finals next week.  Lots of fun.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck, It was like eight bucks in tolls to get back and forth from Joppa, MD.

I need to get a fucking EZPass before the fall events schedule for MCW Pro gets hot.

Did you decide if you were going to any of the NXT shows? 

Depending on job interviews and the current support schedule, it makes the most sense for me to hit the Bel Air show on October 8th.   Going back and forth from Norfolk on the 6th is probably suicidal and I'll be heading back to MD when NXT comes to Richmond on the 7th.

Spoiler

1. Major League Moustache beat The Batiri.

2. United Nations beat Team Police Squad.

3. Team Colony beat the Submission Squad (Replacing Team Big Deal).

4. Original Divas Revolution beat Team Shimmer.

5. Hallowicked/Jigsaw/Icarus beat Arctic/Missle/Worker Ant.

6. Team JWP beat The Snake Pit.

7. Team Sendai beat Lovelace/NRG.

8. Kimber Lee, Oleg and Battle Frog beat Team CWC. Awesome match. Followed CWC rules with them shaking hands before the game. Great spot where Gulak, Alexander and Gargano all hit the “You Can’t See Me” on their opponents. They then tried for stereo AAs, missed but then hit simultaneous pedigrees that were all kicked out of. Match of the night.

KOT 2016 night one results

Just wondering...

Would it have been possible for Cedric to work the opener of KoT night 2, hop on a cross-country flight, and work the last match on BOLA night 2?  With a 5 hour flight and 3 hour time difference, I think he could've made it, but not sure if there'd be a direct flight from Philadelphia to LA.

Spoiler

King of Trios Finals Match
Team Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi)  defeated Team JWP ( Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, and Command Bolshoi)

Meiko Satomura pinned Manami Katsu after delivering a Death Valley Driver. Team SENDAI Girls are the 2016 Queen of Trios!

Aero star defeats Tony Nesse in Rey de Voladors

Xpac and Billy Gunn win the tag gauntlet

KOT finals winners

• Like 1

Hit up the Memphis Legends show in Lula Mississippi last night.

Started off with a concert from Jimmy Hart and the Bruise Brothers band.

Then had the following matches.

Jerry Lawler vs "Lord Humongous"

Mitch Snakeman Torretta vs Bill Dundee

Tatt2 vs Precious with Nate the Rat

Derrick King vs Dustin Starr with Maria.Maria was handcuffed to Bill Dundee.

Main event was Bonecrusher,Cass a Nova Kid with a midget AKA The Pink and Black Attack vs Bret Micheals,someone else and  Hollywood Jimmy.

This Friday night NOVA Pro Wrestling's 1st anniversary show.   I can't see how this won't be a great show

Steel Cage Match

Sonjay Dutt vs Logan Easton Laroux

TNA Knockout Jade vs Brittany Blake

Tim Donst vs “Bulldozer” Matt Tremont

Special Challenge Match

Cutie and the Beast vs The Bravado Brothers

#ACEvsTheWorld

Arik “Ace” Royal vs “The Product” David Starr

Ultra J Showcase Match

Bobby “The Body” Shields vs “The Different One” Chet Sterling

Also appearing: Reed Bentley, Frankie Pickard, Rayo, John Kermon, Ken Dixon, SHLAK, Dan O'Hare, Riley Madison, Sage Philips, The Sandwich Squad and much more to be announced

http://novaprowrestling.tumblr.com/post/148464710480/novaproject2

• Like 2

The Sandwich Squad is the CWF Mid Altantic tag team champions Mecha Mercenary and Aaron Biggs.  Anyone who has followed CWF knows they are some really really big guys.  About 4 months ago, they started teating matches involving really big guys as the "Hoss Division".  In a match in which Mercenary and Biggs won, they were given a meatball sandwich which apparently is their payoff for the show.   So their gimmick is basically trying to win in order to eat that meatball sandwich after the match

Tonight they added a new twist for the Hoss Division where the ring announcer went into the gimmick of the being that awesome guy doing introductions at the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4th :lol:

• Like 3