DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

If you are in the North Carolina area then tonight is the night for you.  You can either watch CWF Absolute Justice with Trevor Lee vs Andrew Everett for the title and Kamikaze Kid vs Nick Richards in an anything goes match or PWX with Zack Sabre Jr vs Cedric Alexander and a 4 way title match with Skyler vs Corey Hollis vs Anthony Henry vs Sami Callihan.   

I had the pleasure of calling probably my indy MOTY in Lee vs Everett tonight.  I didn't think anything would top Lee vs Wilkins, but the insane amount of emotion and intensity tonight was unlike anything I've seen in years. I'm sure Ceddy vs ZSJ was fantastic, but no way it touched this match.  Also, this was the shortest of the big Trevor CWF title defenses, if that's something you care about.

The King of Trios update now ups the number of all-women teams to four (only four teams have been announced).  Very unique, as I figured by now we'd have had a homegrown Chikara team announcement.

Every year, I hold my breath for a NWA Smoky Mountain contingent.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hammerva said:

Cheap plug for the next NOVA Pro Wrestling show this Friday in Fairfax, VA:

13179456_1609947802666288_51650321083928

I'll be calling this one too btw ;)

I've you've never been to a NOVA show, and you're in the area, absolutely check them out.  Very unique cards and a fun atmosphere.  Very much worth my drive to work for them.

• Like 1

Brother, let me know if you ever make it.  Would love to see ya.

Meanwhile, this week's CWF Worldwide features a damn good Cedric Alexander vs Darius Lockhart match, and a goddamn sick spectacle in Kamakazi Kid vs Nick Richards.

Pro Wrestling EGO just had a documentary about it released today. EGO runs the Jackson area of Mississippi. The director/camera operator is Logan Creed aka Micheal Crosby. He got injured a bit over a year ago. So reinvented himself as a backstage interviewer and made this documentary.

It's a bit over an hour. First half is mostly about a recent MS legends show. Brickhouse Brown,Pork Chop Cash and out of nowhere Curtis Hughes showed up. Then second half is mostly Crosby asking various EGO regulars about their injuries.

Going to Wrestle Jam in Cheshire, CT on Saturday to see a bunch of guys I've always wanted to see.  I have no idea how this promotion runs so I don't know if everyone will be all out or not, but it looks like fun 13559029_1207228972642846_16545751213171

Also NEW just announced Ricochet will be at their September 10th house show in Berhatny, a show I have front row seats for already.  NEW is full of surprises lately.

As a super casual fan these days (I pretty much read about wrestling and watch very little) I was wondering if someone could refer me to the dark corners of the Internet so I could learn more about what's up with Chuck Taylor. He showed up on the TNA taping this week, and won the Evolve tag title with Galloway as a new member of Team TNA. It's clear from his Twitter feed that something went down with Chikara/Quack, as he's no longer a trainer at the Wrestle Factory. From a few vague comments on Twitter during Evolve 64, it sounds like there's a bit of drama there.  

That's a good question.  They had a guy wrestling as "Chuck TaylorTM" for a while, who is/was a hoss black guy.  Plus, Prakash Sabar still wrestles (although anyone could be under the mask).  Then there's a guy named "Stewie Scrivens" on Chikara's roster page ...

Chuck Taylor just wrestled in the show I just went to in a Trios Match as part of Team Chikira with Icarus and Gran Akuma.  

After a clunky start and a never ending awful match that made me rethink all my life decisions that brought me to this point and time, the show really picked up and had everything from Bobby Ocean and Tim Donst beating the ever living piss out of each other, the Trios match with Chuck Taylor, Alexis Nevah vs Kimber Lee and the 4 on 4 main event that was just 25 minutes of complete madness led by AR Fox, JT Dunn and a bunch of Ants.  One of the better shows I've seen in awhile.

1 hour ago, nate said:

That's a good question.  They had a guy wrestling as "Chuck TaylorTM" for a while, who is/was a hoss black guy.  Plus, Prakash Sabar still wrestles (although anyone could be under the mask).  Then there's a guy named "Stewie Scrivens" on Chikara's roster page ...

I know he was Mr. Azerbaijan. He was Prakash too?

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I know he was Mr. Azerbaijan. He was Prakash too?

Ach, I think I got that confused.  I believe you're right.  I think I somehow linked Taylor to Prakash by way of me thinking how funny Taylor doing a Waltman cosplay would be.